Injector Battery Offset Consistency (idle/driving)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YBLEGAL

Regular Member w/ Cheese
Hey everyone, long time since I've been around here.

But I've still got the same car, still making the improvements.

Now, I'm turbo, stock B16, Eagle Talon TD05H-14b turbo, 550cc injectors. It's really fun! I installed everything myself, and am learning to tune myself. It's actually tuned fairly well already. I daily it as well, so the problem isn't very bad..

But I'm trying to tune it better, more consistent. I started with the provided offsets for my RC injectors (tuning in Crome btw). Adjusted my overall offset till things were close. When testing AFR vs Batt Voltage/Load I cannot get things to stay the same..

I've got it set so at idle I'm 15.2afr (@ ~14v). On idle, when I introduced load, it went lean, ~16afr @ ~13.7v. So I adjusted the offsets table till idle was consistent 15.2afr @ voltages between 12 and 14.

Problem is, when driving at a constant speed at a constant rpm, and load is introduced, it still wants to go lean, sometimes as much as a whole +1 over.

Why? I'm looking for clues.

Alt-C is disconnected.

Thanks for any help!

I think what you are seeing is pretty normal. It takes a bit before the computer compensates based on the readings. pretty much all dyno's go lean when the initial throttle-on happens. I never played around much with tuning part-throttle stuff..... i generally just left it on the stock map out of boost

Back