jdm front end question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I plan on doing a frond end conversion, either ef7 or ef8 but thats not really my question. What I'm wondering is I plan on getting an OE style carbon fiber hood because I always loved how it looked. so I'm wondering do I just get a regular hood or would I have to find a "JDM" one if they make it.

JDM%20EF%20%2788-%2791%20CRX%20SiR%20Front%20End%20Conversion%20Large.jpg

Also I wouldn't have to worry about fender fitment right seeing that I'm getting a whole new bumper and hood and all that right? seeing that the crx and hatch have different fenders?

If you wanted the EF8 front end you would have to get a EF8 carbon hood. Yes you can get them, about $300-$400 new IIRC.

Stock USDM fenders work completly fine. The only difference between JDM and USDM is the side marker. Buy them suckers on eBay for $20 and bam, you have JDM fenders yO.

Btw, is this for a Civic or CRX?

I'd pick up a whole JDM front end converison for a Civic SiR. That pic you posted was a CRX.

Here is a Civic. It shares the same headlights and hood as the CRX.

JDM_EF9_Front_Lip.jpg

to give a solid answer for the question asked:
yes, you will have to buy the hood specified for the JDM front end. or it will not fit properly.

Call Hmotors, the website isn't always accurate, and they seem like cool people who will be willing to work with you.

Back