K series vs. B series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frankie P.

I was just wondering why everybody hates the K series but loves the B series, I want hard facts though, not dumb answers like ("because the B series is better") I want to know why people are so reluctant to believe that these engines can be built. It is like when the B series came out at first, the majority of people were scared to try out the new engine, and now the B series is king, people are afraid of change I guess.

actually, i like the K series better.
i use the type s as the example, because it is the best :)
roller rockers in the K
the bottom half of the block is a crank girdle on the K
VTC on the K
perfect square on the K with 86x86 borexstroke
i think a lot of the aftermarket is still under development, but if i could squeeze a K into my sol, i would :)

the engine is great. it just comes in shitty cars and the aftermarket for it just isn't there right now. and OBD-2 blows goats.

- B16

Wow, it surprises me that you guys actually like it, a lot of people I talked didn't like it as much. Also, the one thing I don't like as stated before, is the aftermarket isn't there yet. I really want Coilovers, TEIN of course, but sadly they are $1600.

- Kylemarhx

Which cars don't you like? I own an SI, and I can sort of understand why, some people don't like the shifter, lights, etc. The RSX though, different story perfect car all around, but maybe it is just your tastes.

the only thing i dont like about the K in the base rsx and si is that it only has the vtec on the intake side. the K in the type-s's has a vtec that is more similar to the B's

i think the motor is fine.

i hate the cars they come in.
i don't like the gear box.
i don't like how they flipped it around.... having the manifold in front makes for much easier boosting.
i don't like the fact that its obd2
i don't like the fact that its expensive as fuck

Not all of us have the money to spedn 20k on a car and then begin to mod it

Continuation from the in-car conversation on I-35 huh? :lol:

I like the K block very much... it's a superior design (logically, it's 10 years newer).

The reasons to not like it are the aftermarket support and that there's more electronic crap to hack through while tuning it. Some people prefer carburetors over fuel injection for a reason- probably one of the same strong reasons why the B series will still rule the Honda aftermarket for at least another year until the K blocks start getting more support.

Damn electronic suspension stuff, my friend crashed his 02 si' cuz he couldent really feel thr road, all stearing on that car is electronical.

don't mind my spelling plus my stupid idea, im kinda high :D

Continuation from the in-car conversation on I-35 huh?
It got me thinking Calesta ;)

Yeah, the price is a little steep and the aftermarket isn't there the only reason's why I don't like it. And I like the fact that the suspension is all electronic, sure it is not for road racing or anything, but for everyday it is great really smooth and no power steering fluid. WOO HOO!!!

Originally posted by KWJaY@Sep 16 2003, 01:10 AM
Damn electronic suspension stuff, my friend crashed his 02 si' cuz he couldent really feel thr road, all stearing on that car is electronical.

don't mind my spelling plus my stupid idea, im kinda high :D

Electronics and power steering can sure fuck you up when you are "getting the feel for the road" Thank God my car has none of that bull shit!! :D Not even power steering!!! I never lose the feel for the road!!

Back