Keep CRX or buy MX-3?

• Thread starter Thread starter K2e2vin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Thinking about the potential; would a MX-3 with similar mods and the KLZE be able to compete with a CRX with D15B? Which is lighter and which handles better?

had an MX-3
great car

very comfortable
good handling
GREAT in the snow
and with a 2.5 swap would have walked all over most cars in my area

damn i wish i kept that car :cry:

Thanks guys, once I get the CRX running I might sell it(or give it to my brother; although he hates hatches).

How much do MX-3s go for? And about how much would it cost to swap in a KLZE(not the actual motor)?

Have you looked at Impulse Turbos ? Second gen Sciroccos ? the NX2000 ? There are tons of better cars out there in that same exact config. The CRX is totally different than the others (Being a 2seater and all). The CRX may not have the torque, but it does have the small hit to the wallet that makes it wonderful to own.

I would go CRX, or one of the others.

Hey E, whats the weight difference with the 1.8 V6 vs the 1.8L 4 banger BP in the MX3?

I honestly can't see the point (if there is a major weight difference) of getting the 1.8 V6 when it only produced 3 more horsepower over that of the BP.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
How much do MX-3s go for?

Cheap..no one seems to want them..... a nice one - $1500

Quoted post[/post]]
And about how much would it cost to swap in a KLZE(not the actual motor)?

if you do the work yourself...$800 tops
pay someone else...dunno

So 800 for the swap and 1500 for the engine? I dunno if you guys have found it any cheaper than this... but corksport has good prices for JDM GTX swaps.

http://www.corksport.com/store/category/9b...ec_engines.html

As usual with multi-cylindered engines, the more pistons you have the smoother it will seem to run. And since you're talking 1.8 liters in both aspect, that V6 will run a lot smoother than the 4 cylinder.

The MX3 is nice because it offered the buyer a choice of how they actually drive.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey E, whats the weight difference with the 1.8 V6 vs the 1.8L 4 banger BP in the MX3?

I honestly can't see the point (if there is a major weight difference) of getting the 1.8 V6 when it only produced 3 more horsepower over that of the BP.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]

pay someone else...dunno

So 800 for the swap and 1500 for the engine? I dunno if you guys have found it any cheaper than this... but corksport has good prices for JDM GTX swaps.

the MX-3 came with either an 88hp 1.6L 4cyl or a 130hp 1.8L V6
the 4 cyl weighs about 2300lbs the V6 weighs about 2500.... a large part of that is not the engine so much as the extra features and such
swapping to the 2.4 actually lowers the weight on the V6 model

If I can get my CRX together(fuel pump issue, etc.), then I'll keep it. I might let my brother use the CRX and get a MX-3 or Miata anyways. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]

pay someone else...dunno

the MX-3 came with either an 88hp 1.6L 4cyl or a 130hp 1.8L V6
the 4 cyl weighs about 2300lbs the V6 weighs about 2500.... a large part of that is not the engine so much as the extra features and such
swapping to the 2.4 actually lowers the weight on the V6 model

:doh: Yes it came with a 1.6. wtf was I thinking. Thanks for the reminder.

Back