list of b18b1 into a 94cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cfwthb_94

I'm about to purchase a recked 95 ls integra, the whole car. Motor is good and so is transmision. Does anyone have a complete list to install it into a 94 hatch cx. Wiring what will work or what i need to do, and mounting of the motor without buying expensive motor mounts, and axles. Any other help would be greatly appreciative.

Now im no hondaswap guru, but im bout to put a b18b into my 92 vx, so heres what i think your gonna need, please all others correct me if im wrong about anything or anything I leave out but your gonna need: the motor, the tranny, the ecu, the axles, the shift linkage, u use the b18's motor mounts, alternater, the starter, the clutch and flywheel(might wanna go ahead and replace 'em), intake mani, the exhaust mani, fuel rail, injectors, distributor, the harness, and all the sensors, and while your at it, your gonna wanna replace all the belts, and do a regular tune up (spark plugs, sp wires, etc) as well as change the oil and a new oil filter....i've probably missed some things but the gurus can tell you everything.

So will the wiring harnes of the b18 plug directly into the stock cx wiring harness, with out any motifications, and do i need to go and purchace any other mounts from like different cars to make it fit perfect. any one who has done the swap before in the same setup it would be greatly appreciative.

Youwill have everything you need if you have the whole teg. As DjMcFatty said, you need the motor/tranny, shiftlinkage axles, ECU from the teg, and all the parts connected to the motor (alt, dist, starter,etc..) You can leave the engine wiring harness connected to the motor and see if it plugs into your CX canon plugs, if not, then just use the CX engine harness. They are the same OBD, so everything will plug right in. You are going to have to convert from a one wire to a four wire o2, but that should be the only thing that stands inbetween you and a plug and play swap.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Sep 27 2003, 04:03 PM
you may also need to convert injector plugs. maybe not but dont be surpised if you do

No he won't, they are the same.

ok i just did this swap everything is the same all the plugs are the same just pull the old motor from your cx and drop the ls in and the three plugs on each strut tower plug right up the what you need is the top drivers side mount off the teg the bottom left mount off the teg retaining the factory rubber from the civic the top right mount off your civic the rear mount off the teg using your rubber mount of the civic. also the teg ecu and shiftlinkage axels ect....

ok 92lscivic, i think you have officially confused the sh** out of me with all the mounts you talk about. When you say mount do you mean the one that's actually bolted to the car, or the one that's mounted to the engine? And how big of a difference have you seen doing the swap and have you made it out to the track yet? thanks

Originally posted by cfwthb_94@Sep 28 2003, 05:38 AM
ok 92lscivic, i think you have officially confused the sh** out of me with all the mounts you talk about. When you say mount do you mean the one that's actually bolted to the car, or the one that's mounted to the engine? And how big of a difference have you seen doing the swap and have you made it out to the track yet? thanks

Just have all the teg, and all the civic mounts there when you do the swap, and fit them as you go. You won't be able to use the wrongs ones, and if you come across something that doesn't fit, try mixing civic/teg mounts till it does. You will be fine.

thanks for the help 92b16vx. I will try and to that, when time comes. If i have any other trouble I know where i can look. Will the integra shift linkage fit perfectly in my civic with out no motifications. I'm trying to make sure I'll have all the info i need to do the swap, because I'm going to be using a friends place or my work to do the swap and want to be able to do it in a day. I'm mechanically inclinded, done many v8 swaps in my mustang. Just trying to make this as easy as possible for myself. I'm sure anyone can relate. Thanks a bunch

i have a b18b in my 94 cx and i found it easier to use the civic harness . . . not that i'm trying to confuse you.

i used the civic harness that was in my car and i had to lengthen a few wires on a couple connectors and add three wires for the integra 4 wire O2 sensor. the power wire for the heater is already ran to the passenger side shock tower connector. and the other 2 are eaisly spliced into there proper locations under the hood.

i find it better to use the harness that is running your stock motor mostly because you know the harness is good. the last thing i would want to do is perform a complete swap with a motor and harness from a crashed car and then go trace wiring problems because of a short or open in the harness somewhere.

just my .02 . . . this is how i'll be doing B's swap B)

i can give you more info on the wiring if you choose to do it this way.

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Sep 28 2003, 07:31 PM
this is how i'll be doing B's swap B)

:lol:

you mean we? lol

but honestly, my swap is going to be cake... its all wired already.

but generally, yes, using the chassis harness is the easies thing to do.

Back