My engine is fallin' apart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dspeed

I was driving in my 90 civic lx and then all of a sudden my steering goes berserk and starts making funny noises and stops working when i wanted to turn it when my car was parked, then when i get moving the steering goes back to normal but a small shreak is heard. Then when i stop the steering goes hard, but i move and i goes back to normal, then i heard a horrible noise, something like a chain on a bicycle, I parked the car open the hood and I see the pulleys or the thing where the steering belt rotates fallen in the bottom of the engine!!!?? How did that happen???, I also noticed that other belt had fallen, maybe the alternator belt, when i heard the sound, I remember the battery light on the instrument panel went on... after i removed the pulley i tried to turn the engine on but it sounded like the timing belt was going to explode, so I turned it off, so I want to ask how the hell did that screw that held the pulley fall apart??

Please help me!! :blink:

:D My old civic (90) is back into shape, the pulley probably fell because a ring or something like that was missing between the screw and the pulley, so it just fell, no damage to any other engine parts, I took advantage of the problem and also replaced the velocimeter cable and brake pump. Strangely, the car works better than before :lol: , maybe the alternator belt was a little loose, put my hazards are not working at all, maybe a fuse?, they don´t even light in my instrument panel!

Back