Need help with an issue im having on my project del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Explosivzkick88

First off, just let me say hello, i hadn't ever been to this site until it came up in the google search engine, i frequent honda-tech, nwp4life, and sol-society mostly. on to the issue

I have a 97 del sol vtec that i bought as a theft recovery, then i purchased a b16a block/b16a2 head/ gsr trans combo for it and wired an engine harness up. im using an obd0 block, so thee is no crank fluctuation sensor. i was told for obd2a ecus (my p30) you can jump a few pins in the blue harness (c1 to c4, and c11 to c14) and depin/cut c1 and c11 at the ecu to piggy back the signal from the cylinder position sensor. now i did this, and i was getting 2 codes before, and still getting the same 2 codes after.

First code is for the o2 sensor after the cat, that shouldn't matter i dont think.
Second code states and i quote "p 1337 manufacturer control. ignition system or missfire"

Now along with this, i took the car out for a spin to see if there was anything i could noticeably find wrong. car starts up fine, idles a little high at around 1500rpm (throttle cable adjustments turned as far as down as possible) IACV recently cleaned, car climbs up to redline very quickly, however i don't think vtec is engaging. im running open header at the moment, and if i recall with open header the vtec crossover on b series is rather noticeable.

the only things i could think of, were maybe i got the vtec pressure switch wiring backwards? or maybe my ignition timing is just a tiny bit off at the dizzy? i removed the dizzy to clean it and coat it with high temp engine primer and paint for the fresh look. any help would be appreciated, trying to get this thing on the road finally. thanks ahead of time. :)

Unless you cut/spliced the wrong wire the Crankshaft Fluctuation Sensor not being in place should have no ill affect on the performance of the car. You'll get a check engine light and that is all. Im using an OBD1 B16A block with my OBD2 2000 Si head/ecu and everything is fine. You could have had someone just program it out or deal with the CEL if you don't have emissions where you're located. My guess is you Fd up the harness somewhere or there was something wrong to begin with.

I've had about 4 different people tell me that with that particular CEL vtec wont engage. they could be wrong, but it seems to be the general consensus. anyone else know for sure? i may just have the vtec pressure sensor wires backwards. does that matter? is there any other way to trick the ecu?

Back