new 1/4 mile times! eg H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Godfather

untill last sunday ive ran a best of 14.7

have since ran 14.00, stock h22a, just exhaust and pod, and stand alone ecu with crappy tune lol and full interior!!!

Traction and axle tramp (i think you guys call it wheel hop in the USA :p ) were a major issue but i worked it out and went from first run of 14.8 to a few 14.3's, couple 14.2's then aiming for a 14.1 but cracked the 14.00!! all the while my 60ft times were dropping and i was pulling quicker 60ft times than some 12sec skylines!!

tyres were daily tyres - falken 225/45/16 i run prelude front brakes so have trouble getting smaller rims up front to run bigger sidewall :(

in the last 2 days ive completely gutted the car, carpet, trim, roof lining and all the sound deadening - front, rear and boot!! will be chasing cams and front traction bar asap! then another tune and possibly take to the interior with a hole saw where possible...

feel free to ask any questions or give suggestions in my quest for all motor monster!!

idk if im thinking on this wrong but that just seems to slow to me, ive seen bone stock rsx type s hit 14.1 and seen a bone stock 4 door si hit 13.9. you would think the h22 in a car the weighs less would go in to the 13s easy.

More launching troubles come up when your power to weight ratio changes and you are on street tires. The RSX and 8th gen Si are heavy (in comparison). More time behind the wheel will help the OP. I know I need more time.

What are the 60ft times?

idk if im thinking on this wrong but that just seems to slow to me, ive seen bone stock rsx type s hit 14.1 and seen a bone stock 4 door si hit 13.9. you would think the h22 in a car the weighs less would go in to the 13s easy.

Bone stock dc2 type r 1/4's are mid to low 15's...?

And as was mentioned when power to weight is changed, launching becomes harder and it's where I struggled and also my low profile street tyres didn't help - im sure there's a 13.9 with current setup!!

Best 60ft time was 2.1secs

That is a great 60ft time on street tires. I ran recently and best I could do were high 2.2's and low 2.3's. But I was on a smaller tires and I'm probably +\- 250hp to the crank right now....w/ a traction bar....but the rest of my suspension is tired (shocks & bushings gone)

That is a great 60ft time on street tires. I ran recently and best I could do were high 2.2's and low 2.3's. But I was on a smaller tires and I'm probably +\- 250hp to the crank right now....w/ a traction bar....but the rest of my suspension is tired (shocks & bushings gone)

Thanks champ!! It was better than some of the cars running mid 12's!!
You could feel how hard it was launching - felt great!! Which is weird as this is the slowest car Ive ever owned haha

Previous car were evo 3 that ran 12.2 and a few supras - quickest ran 11.2 with a 1.6 60ft!!! Built auto and biiiig stally lol

Very over the turbo scene and it's a huge relief playing with an all motor - so much less hassle, less to upgrade and easier to daily with less cop attention...

RSX-S (DC5) and 8th gen Si will hit mid-low 14's stock with a good driver. They will hit it all day long with intake/exhaust and a bad driver lol. I've seen bolt on DC2 (98-01) Type R's hit similar times. Seen many bolt on GSR's hit 14.5's all day. Hell.....I seen a LS DC2 auto with bolt on's hit 15.2's all day. That was a Wednesday motor for sure!

My 4.7FD, no Kpro and small tires are killing my times. I must shift into 5th. But I'm hoping to shave a few tenths and get into the mid-13's soon.

RSX-S (DC5) and 8th gen Si will hit mid-low 14's stock with a good driver. They will hit it all day long with intake/exhaust and a bad driver lol. I've seen bolt on DC2 (98-01) Type R's hit similar times. Seen many bolt on GSR's hit 14.5's all day. Hell.....I seen a LS DC2 auto with bolt on's hit 15.2's all day. That was a Wednesday motor for sure!

My 4.7FD, no Kpro and small tires are killing my times. I must shift into 5th. But I'm hoping to shave a few tenths and get into the mid-13's soon.

What car/motor do you have? And what's your best time?

K20A EG Si 2580lb with me in it. Cheap 205 50 R15's. Virgin ECU, cat, H/I/E
(pretty much a stock Type R K20A swap)

Ran it last week for the first time. 13.806 with a 2.282 60ft and 100.673mph trap.

I'm still wheel hopping and need new suspension stuff (1992 is an old car now days)

I need to try to not go full throttle after launch. Many mild NA kswaps don't go full throttle until late into second gear.

Check my signature for the car thread.

Ok so I've since stripped and gutted the interior, previous standard weight with h22a etc was 1030kg

I've taken all I could out,
Carpet
Roof lining
All sound deadening from floor, front, rear, under rear seats, boot, wheel well
Rear seats
Rear seat belts
All brackets and botls
Door trims
All interior trims
Centre console
Gear shifter surround
Etc etc the lot!

Weighed in at 990kg only 40kg

Returned to the drags and couldn't better my 14.00!!! Grrr

Definately need some better tyres...

Traction Bar and new bushings will help for sure.

But a 2.1 second 60ft is pretty decent on regular radials.

You've got 245's under the wheel wells? That's a wide tire. I'm on 205's. Are the fenders cut or rolled for tire clearance?

What is you trap speed? (mph at end of track)

In general....your times are not low enough (in comparison to averages). I would look into a decent tune. Hell....stock ECU with intake, header and exhaust should be 13's. I'm 13's shifting into 5th (101mph traps) with roughly 200WHP and 2580lbs (1170kg) w/driver and 2.2-2.3 60ft times.

You are hundreds of pounds lighter than me.

I can't seem to get an answer from shops on which bar will suit my eg hatch with h22 and prelude box too

Yes my 2.1 60ft is epic!! Pure skill :p and took a while to master, battling wheel spin and hop - just right amount of clutch slip and throttle ;)

I run 225's under the front - guards are untouched ( not for long - going to pump and cut them soon) and my civic has zero camber adjustment originally being the base carby model so there's a bit of camber but not enough to cause traction issues. But will also sort that out ASAP! And try to find better tyres.

Trap mph is 100mph!!!

60ft and mph are there - just need more hp and also zero traction all through 2nd gear lol, chirps 3rd too

Any idea which traction bar I should look at?

my civic has zero camber adjustment originally being the base carby model so there's a bit of camber but not enough to cause traction issues. But will also sort that

Any camber will cause a traction issue for a drag vehicle. The contact area of your tire gets smaller the further away from zero camber you get. Camber is good for autocross set ups, not drag set ups.

Back