new member - 92 civic EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Don't get butt-hurt. It's good that he is taking a beat down civic and putting some love into it. He is young, and this car should give him a lot to learn from.

Theres no butt hurt about it, its easier to get one that's stock and do stuff to it than get one that's shot. I've been there. I work at a body shop i know what its gonna take to make that car look nice. And if hes gonna spray that car like that its gonna look like crap. Just sayin.

buying a gsr head tomorrow for 350$ cash . completly built head. kinda had to go for it since it was a deal i couldnt pass on .... will have like 250$ dollers left after i buy that soooo everythings gona have to go into a time out ...

Theres no butt hurt about it, its easier to get one that's stock and do stuff to it than get one that's shot. I've been there. I work at a body shop i know what its gonna take to make that car look nice. And if hes gonna spray that car like that its gonna look like crap. Just sayin.

Not all people are as fortunate as others with their first car, and considering the situation he is in, he didn't do too bad. He's going to learn a ton from this car if he sticks with it, and does it the right way. Just because its not a car YOU would want, doesn't mean you need to come in here and be pessimistic about something that is HIS not YOURS.

Anyway. Mike, it looks like you could have a few oil leaks coming from your engine. One of the pictures you posted of the underside looks like the oil pan gasket could be leaking. The other one from the top side of the head, looks like the valve cover gasket, or even head gasket could need replacing. The oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket will run you about ~$40 and take maybe an hour to replace. Just remember to refill with FRESH oil. Another thing that may not be a bad idea. A magnetic drain plug could help keep any metal shavings out of the working engine parts if there is any when you change the oil. Since its been ragged on a little you might want to look for metal shavings the next time you change the oil out, and get the magnetic plug if necessary.

Keep asking questions when you have issues, and we'll help you work out the problems the right way. Also, try and pick up a haynes manual. It'll break down any maintenance procedures for the car in detail.

Last edited:
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE: 1) Don't get caught - NEVER EVER! 2) Get your young ass back in school ASAP and stay there. - Better job this way and more money - More money for hot rods. 3) Treat your parents and elders with respect. Happy Trails my friend and welcome aboard.

Last edited:
AHHhhh ): im so mad !!!

My ride didnt come through and the head was sold ):

so fing mad ... w/e back to working on the body again.................. ....

if everyone is still alive here im posting pics of the paint booth tomorrow night. i finally cought up with my car and bought pvc pipes and buckets and cement . ive been staying up almost everyday till 2 looking up eg builds. my car has nothing and i have money to spend so i want to spend it on the car but i dont know what . SO here is a question . what would you guys spend 500 $ on the car after it gets painted a diff color and rims too. Who ever has the best suggestion wil encourage me to buy it. thank yaaaaa

I did all the mechanical on my hatch first and it's almost done.

So, from what I've seen of your ride from the pictures:

Clean up mess under hood. Rust, corrosion, wiring and what-have-you. Touch up paint. Small details all add up. Drain and flush cooling system, Optima battery and killer alternator. Adjustable cam pulley is always nice. You will learn there too.

Hoses, belts, water pump all that crap. Maybe a brake job? With full line flush.

Replace windshield wipers. Exhaust hangers in good shape? What about the struts?

Just throwing some stuff out there. ;)

Back