new motor installed but having problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the_crazy_russian

hi,
I finished installing a built a6 into my 99cx but am having some problems. the car idled decent but when you would try and drive it would surge and bogs around 1500-2000 then throw a code 43 (Fuel supply system) I've heard this code can be caused by a bunch of different things. I installed a new fuel filter with the swap along with other genreal matinence items.I was running a integra fuel reg since that fits better on the str fuel rail. but I've now switched to my adjustable regulator so I can see what my fuel pressure is.my fuel pressure stays at 42lbs. it's using stock injectors. I've gone over my electrical connections and everything looks good. I've run both, stock o2 and my wideband.now when the car starts it's around 14 a/f stays there for a sec, then slowly climes and when it reches around 17a/f the car dies.somthing is causing it to lean out like crazy but I'm not sure what. the only code I get is 43. I definatly don't wann run the car when it's going lean :cry:

in case they can help with diagnosing the problem here,s a quick rundown of mods off the top of my head,
99cx hatch
obd2-obd1 conversion
running stock p28
a6 block w/forged internals
zex 59300 with springs
head ported and polished
stock injectors
adjustable fuel reg
venom intake
bored tb
from what I can tell there are no vac leaks.

any help would be appriciated.
Thanks,
B

EDIT: I think my fuel pressure is way to high I will try adjusting in the morning

Back