obd1 p28 chipped jdm b18c to obd2 with USDM type r ecu questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackdahlia6

2 questions
what all do you need to convert obd1 b18c to obd2 with addition to an obd2 USDM ecu? i know there are a few bits and pieces you need to install that the USDM ecu looks for that the JDM does not.

also will a USDM type r ecu be okay for a JDM b18c? i know it has higher compression i didnt know if ignition or fuel maps would b different or if the engine would lose some edge to using the USDM type r ecu?

thank you, i looked around for a while and couldnt find out the info exactly. or it was abreviated and i didnt understand

EDIT...I looked for a while last night and so far an obd1 converted type r would need the following to convert to obd2b; p73 usdm ecu. Obd1 to obd2b jumper. Additional o2 sensor behind the cat. Bypass the crank flux sensor in the oil pump (save money). Add knock sensor. Also obd2 alternator? Or can you buy new plugs and swap or splice wires? And obd2 dizzy? Or once again can I swap plugs and splice wires?

Correct me on any Misinformation. Thaaaanks!

Last edited:
I'm gonna bump this shit.
Ill also add that since the car was previously obd2 then converted to obd1 what parts could be changed back to obd2? Aren't there distributor and alternator jumper harnesses?

Back