Oil Squirting everywhere need help lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

m90polk

Ok so I have a problem I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring with a 2.7 v-6. So today it was very cold out about 20 degrees and I started my car up drove about 7 minutes or so to college about half way there I noticed there seemed to be a little smoke coming from under the hood, I checked the dash no warning lights so I drove to school when there it was smoking like crazy. I opened the hood an there was oil everywhere, I got it towed home because there was no oil left an there inspected it like crazy and found out that the oil was coming from the valve cover oil cap. So does anyone know what would cause this to happen. I changed the oil today and drove it twice about six miles each time and had no problem since, does anyone have some insight to this???? I have pics of it along also, the first three show the spray on the engine and the 4th is the spray pattern on the underside of the hood.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    855.1 KB · Views: 478
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 528
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    893.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    935.8 KB · Views: 525
at first i thought it said girl squirting everywhere need help....

Then sell the car. Those 2.7's are strait junk. There is a well documented history of engine failures due to a poorly designed oiling system on those. This may be a symptom, idk. I do know that if the motor does need replacing down the road, the 2.7 is pretty tough to come by, hence expensive; because so many people have to replace them.

Or really cheap; because it'll need to be replaced later(had similar issue with the v6 avalon/camry)

I blame it on a bad car, just try and remove the bad part (the car) and install a new one (another car)

done.

pcv was the problem old one was shot, I believe it was the original because the car only has 60k on it an it looked like shyt.

Then sell the car. Those 2.7's are strait junk. There is a well documented history of engine failures due to a poorly designed oiling system on those. This may be a symptom, idk. I do know that if the motor does need replacing down the road, the 2.7 is pretty tough to come by, hence expensive; because so many people have to replace them.

lol yeah I know if you look these engines up online everyone has horrible things to say about them. And I'm with everyone else they suck big time, I can't believe a manufacturer would produce these and actually market it under their name, I would be so embarrassed. :smh:

Back