P28 ostrich + crome vs. S300 P72

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

so I have this P28 with ostrich + crome installed, it came with a car I bought but didn't end up using it so I still have it laying around. I was originally planning on running an S300 P72 w/ boost & datalogging on my one car which is a 2000 Si getting a GSR swap and jrsc ~10-11psi

would there be any advantage to running one ecu over the other?

the hondata system has a couple better features than the crome system. the s300 is pretty cool being chipless and all. It also has a little better rtp features. crome is onstalled to a laptop/pc, not an ecu. it's just software that will 'burn' a map bin file to the ostrich (or to a chip if you chose to use a burner to burn a final chip once you're donee tuning). IMO, datalogging is over-rated. i've NEVER used it to tune a car. I think it could be useful if you're trying to trace down a gremlin or radom happening, but in general, it's highly over-rated if you got quick eyes and can see 5 things at once (wideband, rpm, boost/map, and trace cell). That's what i do. I put everything into view and watch them all simutanulously as the other person drives. when i see something go wack, i tell the driver to cut it, and i make my adjustment to the cell that fits the rpm and map/boost cell.

since you'll be using the jrsc, there's no gsr manifold, and thus no IAB for activation. so, the p72 is not necessary. the p28 will do everything you need ecu wise (unless you want to monitor knock, which is over-rated IMO and i disable on all my tunes).

the jackson is pretty easy to tune. much easier than turbo cars. the boost is pretty consistant.

IMO, save the cash and tune it on crome.

Back