Political Blue & Red Bracelets...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

Inspired by the yellow Lance Armstrong Foundation ones, wish that I had thought of this!

Bracelets Keep Politics Within Arm's Reach
By ELIZABETH LeSURE, AP

NEW YORK (Jan. 15) - After spending 10 days in London with friends who were outspoken about their disdain for President Bush's policies, Berns Rothchild came home wishing she had a way to show the world she didn't vote for him.
"I sort of felt ashamed, and didn't really want to be associated with being an American," said Rothchild, who lives in New York City and voted for John Kerry.

Her mother had a suggestion: bracelets, inspired by the Lance Armstrong Foundation's popular "LIVESTRONG" bands, that would signal opposition to Bush.

Thousands of miles away, two women in Idaho had the same idea. So did a woman in Kansas.

The result? At least three separate bracelet ventures targeting left-leaning citizens who want to wear their political affiliation on their wrists - and at least one competitor bearing the opposite message.

Rothchild, 35, is selling blue bracelets that say "COUNT ME BLUE," while Laura Adams, of Fairway, Kan., offers blue bracelets that say "HOPE." The McKnight family, of Moscow, Idaho, is even more direct; their black bracelets proclaim: "I DID NOT VOTE 4 BUSH."

"It's kind of like saying, 'This is my tribe,"' said Adams, 43, a Kerry supporter, who was inspired by her 14-year-old stepson's yellow Lance Armstrong band.

It's unlikely the wristbands will ever have the widespread appeal of the bands created by the Lance Armstrong Foundation, which have sold about 31 million so far to raise money for cancer research.

Brenda McKnight, 40, said her family has sold roughly 4,000, and Adams said she has sold about 3,300. Rothchild has sold about 500 since her Web site launched Monday.
But all three ventures also have the aim of raising money for a variety of organizations.

Rothchild, who is selling the bracelets on the Web in packages of 10 for $20, plans to give part of her profits to UNICEF, and Adams has donated money from the sale of her $3 bracelets to Save the Children and Habitat for Humanity.

The McKnights are auctioning their bracelets on eBay and selling them for $3 each on their Web site, where buyers can vote for one of six organizations that will receive a portion of the proceeds.

So far only McKnight said she has received e-mails criticizing the bracelets as unpatriotic. But Rothchild said her venture has spawned a counter-protest - from her Republican father.

John Rothchild, a Miami Beach, Fla., resident who voted for Bush, has invested in 5,000 "COUNT ME RED" bracelets.

He has hired his daughter's boyfriend, who created her Web site, to create his, which he launched this week.

Political Bracelet Sites:
· ididnotvote4bush.com
· countmered.com
· countmeblue.com
· hopebracelet.com

Can't you people just get over it. It's over, and its been over for a while. Just fuckin accept it, and try to appear somewhat proud to be an American. Geez. I mean, we already most likely look stupid because of all this Iraq shit. And all this bitchin about Bush just makes me sick.

edit
[/rant]

:lmao: I know kids that have like 5 different ones not including those.

Politics in this country is/are becoming like a fucking reality show. Fucking stupid Americans. Move to Bosnia for a few years, then come back here and tell me how much it sucks having Bush as a president.

Originally posted by VTEC_CBR@Jan 17 2005, 01:50 PM
liberals are so pathetic, get over it!
[post=446879]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the enlightening comments buddy. Keep up the good work!

They make green live strong ones... i wanna make some that say drink strong and market them to college kids... i would make a killing :D . And why are liberals pathetic? I voted kerry (the right choice) but every canidate cannot fit into either a democratic or republican party.

Back