Quad Core Cell phones 2012

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
to far?

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20057155-251.html

We may still be in the first half of 2011, but that doesn't mean we can't start talking about devices rumored for next year. Droid-Life is reporting that it has received preliminary specs for a pair of Motorola handsets that likely won't arrive until 2012. And, as one might expect, the hardware is leaps above the stuff hitting shelves today.
Both smartphones, the Bullet and Jet, should be 4G LTE capable for Verizon's network. What's more, the handsets will be among the first to offer Nvidia's new quad-core "Kal-El" Tegra 3 chipset.
The Bullet should feature a 4.3-inch qHD display, at least 1GB DDR2 RAM, 16GB internal storage, and a 12-megapixel camera. The touch-screen handset also will feature an NFC chip, which suggests Android 2.3 at the very least.
The Jet has a similar design, but will feature a QWERTY keyboard and a slightly smaller, 4-inch screen. It's worth noting that the camera in each device is rumored to include a new sensor, which could result in better images and bigger picture. According to reports, the Bullet will be on the market prior to the Jet, although both are expected to arrive in the first quarter of 2012.
Droid-Life has followed up with a picture of an Android phone that could be one of the two rumored handsets. According to the blog's latest information, Motorola is working on at least four models with similar specifications to the Jet and Bullet. Looking at the image, we can see a Micro-USB port and an HDMI output on a handset that somewhat resembles the current Droid X.

PCs barely make use of multicore cpus...seems like overkill or possibly even a battery killer for mobile devices.

When I can get everyday PC software that properly utilizes a quad core, we can THINK about putting them in phones.

Hell the dual core phones are coming out in a few months. I am with you guys, Id rather have optimized software that didn't suck the living hell out of my battery over elventy core processors.

:concur:
give me a smartphone with a battery that will make it through a full day of heavy use

That's just it, multiple cores on the same die use little extra power than a single core processor does. It's (almost) free processing power.

Software does need to support multithreading for a single app to make use of multiple cores, but if you're running two normal cpu intensive apps they each essentially get their own processor.

Try mac software :)

Sigh.....

Computers are getting to the point where they're like a 1500 horse power car. No one can really use the power they're putting out outside of a few select people. Even then, most people are limited by the video card and not the 4GZ X4 processor.

Back