Questions about hooking up an amp.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fionntan

Banned
I have a kenwood kac-ps150 thats been sitting in my garage for a while. I thought I could hook it up to the mids in my car (4 x 4.5'"). It has been ten years or so since I did any car audio. What size power and grnd wires should I use. I have enough 10g power wire and an 8g ground I believe. What size inline fuse should I use? The amp has two 20amp fuses. Also would this be enough amp for four speakers? What would be the best way to hook them up? I am pretty sure that the speakers are 8ohm. I guess I would have to hook up two speakers per channel. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanx.

I am not exactlly sure how many amps. They are older kenwood 4.5" speakers, 4 of them.

If you can get the model number we could probably look up the power draw.

the 10awg will work fine although I would run the 8awg in case you ever need upgrade.

40-50 amp fuse should be enough too.

Last edited:
I dont have enough of the 8g wire to run for power. I dont really plan on adding a sub any time soon so I think I will use the 10g. You say 40-50 fuses will work, but which would be safer in case of a power surge? Will I run into problems trying to hook up 2 4ohm speakers to each of the two channels.

Back