Ridgeline Engine or any other j35 into 2006 Honda Pilot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattpalmeris

I have a 2006 pilot with in need of a motor, both have the J35a9 but car-part.com lists the blocks as potentially being different. Show Posts - BlackOpsAlpha leading to, I'm assuming, a difference with the transmission bolt pattern.

Has anyone on this forum and any luck swapping engines from another Honda product into a 06-08 pilot?

I would think it's just a matter of using a good J-series long block but reusing your complete intake manifold and such. But I don't know the extent of your bad motor. Any J-series should mate to your transmission. But there might be differences in some sensors and such so you'd need to swap over the old stuff so everything works with your ECU and engine harness.

I've read bell housing bolt patterns can be different. The ridegline has the same engine code j35a9 as my pilot but a different part number on the block according to the parts list. As for my engine, the crank is scored, then the thrust bearing spit out and major loss of oil pressure.

You may be right but other series motors can have transmissions swapped around (D, B, K, H series motors).

Back