RIP Justin Wilson

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when i first hear of this I was wondering what that old Cajun chef was doing racing. sad story. one of those shit happens things

Damn, doesn't look that bad in the video. Heard it was a piece of debris that got him in the head. RIP. :(

me either. i need to watch the video again

me either. i need to watch the video again
Towards the end they show it. You see the piece bounce off his head and shoot up into the air, then the car just kind of ghost rides into a wall... Looks like he was on the brakes though at least. Looks like moving to closed cockpit cars is a good idea.

Remember when Felipe Massa got a spring to the helmet?

Similar debate goes on in baseball with whether pitchers should wear helmet type safety gear. The Bottom line is, the pitchers just don't want it. It will probably completely change the way they pitch and the game it's self.

it's simply a matter of bad luck in most of these cases, wrong place/wrong time...think about if Wilson had been going 1MPH or 2MPH faster or slower, it would have missed his head completely. I don't think this really has anything to do with safety in my opinion.

I just heard them talking about this the other day when a pitcher was hit in the head with a line drive.

torres-mets.jpg

http://nypost.com/2015/04/19/the-story-behind-alex-torres-goofy-baseball-cap/

but i don't want to race an RC car. i want to race a real car... from the drivers seat.

Back