Seating options for older cars that have seen better days.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luciusad2004

Hey guys.

I was just curious if there were really any affordable options for replacing the seats in an older EF. As i'm sure you've all noticed, EF seats are almost always torn to hell and mine are to the point that the foams is tearing apart and coming out of my driver seat. It's beyond putting a seat cover over it.

Are there any affordable options for taking care of this or am I stuck with shitty seats until i can afford nice aftermarket seats?
I thought about looking around the junk yard but i don't know if i really want junk yard seats that have likely soaked up untold amounts of water and could be growing all sorts of nasty microorganisms.

I also thought about just buying some cheap aftermarket seats or possibly JUST a drivers seat to cut the cost down considerably. Anybody had any success with lower tier seats? Would a single Nice driver seat next to a stock passenger seat be to lame to drive around with?

I'm just tired of my looking at my seat.

Checked out Craigslist for some used ones from another model? You could just modify them to fit your tracks and bolt them right in. Usually can pick up a nice matching set for cheap.

I would never recommend buying a cheap seat
(tenzo comes to mind).

It could mean your life in a crash.

If you're going to replace them eventually, why not just throw some pepboys covers over them or something?

also, you may consider trying to find some integra seats to put in there. im pretty sure DA seats would fit well, may need to swap a rail or something but im sure it could work.

Thanks for all the input guys, and I'll def stay away from cheaper seats. I don't feel like dieing ia a crash if I lose the car. The main reason i wanted to replace them vs just covering them was because they are actually falling apart cushion wise.

One of the guys I work with offered to sell me some GSR leathers (from a DC i think) after he got new seats. They aren't flawless but they are in much better shape than my seats. I just wasn't sure if i wanted to go through the process of a seat pan swap.

I'll keep an eye on craigslist though, i didn't think of that. Anything out there thats considered especially nice? I would prefer something that will hold me in place but I'm also ok with comfy seats, until I get Aftermarket ones. The Civic is so uncomfortable.

I should have taken my friends CRX si seats when i had the chance. She even says she wished i would have taken them before she sold the car. I loved those seats and they were in good shape.

Whats a good starting price for a nice seat? What brands are good other than the obvious such as Recaro, Sparco, or Bride?

Last edited:
Corbeau. I've bought quite a few, they're used by pro teams in real race series, they have FIA certified buckets if you need them, and they're pretty damn cheap compared to Recaro, Sparco and Bride.

Back