Sir Axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef9civicgen4

if i buy a B16a1/sir1 and it comes with the stock sir axles, do i still need to make custom axles or will the sir axles work without modifing. also i an confused. if my conversion comes with all this what do i need to put it in a 1989 Honda Civic DX.

- Motor
- Cable Tranny (Y1, S1, J1)
- ECU (PR3, PW0)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Linkage
- Stock Motor Mounts
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed

thanks if you can help.

yes, the axles will work - the stock motor mounts will not work - you will need a mount kit like Hasport - the wiring harness will not work - it is backwards, since in Japan it plugs in on the passenger side, but you can use all of the connectors from it - you will need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring swap - use your DX harness and add the necessary wires

okay, i have lots of speaker wire and electrical tape. why can't i just cut the harness in half and extend each wire about four feet. i know its a shitty way to do it, but it will save me about $250 if i buy the one from hasport. for some reason the harness to convert a DX is $150 more than the SI conversion.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Jun 20 2003, 11:08 PM
okay, i have lots of speaker wire and electrical tape. why can't i just cut the harness in half and extend each wire about four feet. i know its a shitty way to do it, but it will save me about $250 if i buy the one from hasport. for some reason the harness to convert a DX is $150 more than the SI conversion.

You ahve to convert because your DX used a Dual Point Fuel Injection system (2), and the B16 uses a Multi Point Fuel Injection system (4). So you need to wire it from DPFI to MPFI, then you can just add the vtec wires.

Back