SOHC ZC swap into EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFB18A1

Hey guys i was just wondering if i'll have to change a lot of parts if i wanted to swap a sohc zc motor into a 88-91 civic, crx. or what i'll need to complete the swap. can i use the stock tranny since the zc is basically a d series engine? any help or info would be great.

What kind of EF? I.e. Si, Dx, or Hf? If it is a Dx then you need to do an MPFI swap, it is rather easy as long as you have a complete ZC motor, wire harness, and ecu all you really need is an injector resistor box, and a little bit of time to do some simple wiring to put the motor in. It is not as hard as people make it out to be. If you have an HF or Si then it is pretty much plug and play with the stock hf/si wire harness.

so the stock motor mounts would work for the zc right? and the only differences for the mpfi and dpfi is thr coversion and needs a resistor box right? dont need hubs ot axles or anything else?

The stock mounts should be fine. The SOHC ZC non-VTEC block is identical on the outside to the USDM D16A6. You'll have to swap the hub/spindle assembly if you're in anything but a DX or Si.

Back