sohc zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondadude199

whats the diffrence between a SOHC ZC vtec and the z6? If I put a z6 head on a sohc zc block wouldnt that bump the cr to 12:1. would all the internals in the zc head work in the z6 head

btw I found the cr stuff here

did it say what year the "sohc zc vtec" was from? help as a reference point. Sounds ALOT like it's just a Z6 and if it is, you would have just built yourself a stock z6 (sigh). If it's a D15B vtec that would be different but not ZC material so i'm not sure. Gotta be a 1.6L though to be called a ZC in my book. About building it though, every thing should bolt up fine, just another mini-me it sounds like. You would be slapping a z6 head on a 1.6L bottom end so your hp wouldn't be that much different from the stock 130ish. It's all gunna depend on those pistons, more details needed..... :huh:

i thought the ZC was non vtec? anyway Im not sure with putting the head on the zc block, but putting ZC pistons in a Z6 will give you that CR. DOnt know if this helps. If you have the Z6 juss work on that instead of getting a ZC

If it's not stamped "ZC" on the block, it's not a real ZC. That's all there is to it. The SOHC ZC is basically the same as the USDM D16A6, and the DOHC ZC won't take a SOHC D16Z6 head very easily.

I've never actually SEEN a picture of a SOHC ZC VTEC engine... you're probably just thinking about a D16Z6 that someone's calling a SOHC ZC VTEC.

To get the 12:1 compression that you're talking about anyway, you'd have to run the DOHC ZC pistons in the D16Z6 block.

Back