Supercharger Question (I Have researched)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jblazes

I am new to this forum but i have been reading up on it for a very long time now. I have finally done an h22 swap to my 2000 accord. Problem now is that i wan't more power. To be honest with you i don't want to do turbo and nitrous because to me i'd rather get a wrx or evo. Plus i'd hate to have a honda with turbo. That BOV attracts many ricers and it might just get stolen. N/A is extremely expensive and nitrous...well it just scares me to have a bomb waiting to happen.-------------------------------Now comes my questions---------------------I know Jackson racing only makes 97-01 prelude superchargers. The reason is because of the engine bay being too small on the 92-95 prelude. Same goes for the 4th and 5th gen accords. I have never heard of somebody attempting it on a 6th gen accord. To start off my engine bay is huge. I previously had an f23 engine and i had so much room i could probably fit my legs in there lol. It is also made for a v6 to fit in there. Would a supercharger and an h22 fit in a 6th gen accord? thank you

I believe Comptech has a supercharger for Accords. Not sure about the years though, but I'd say yea they can fit one in there...there are superchargers for Civic/CRX's and those have tighter engine compartments.

Haven't heard of comptech but i'll check it out....i have also been looking at vortechs they look very nice and small compaired to those huge jsrc superchargers. I could probably talk to my local shop and ask about a custom setup with a vortech. Any suggestions would be great

You can do custom with a roots supercharger if you wanted to: Eaton M40 supercharger on your own intake manifold.

Comptech is a pretty well known and big company in the Honda/Acura community. They're probably most famous for their work with NSX's and superchargers.

The Vortech route would work very nicely; probably just modify the B-series kit but you still need to deal with a crank pulley for the blower.

Back