Swap shops in Oregon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moosebrew

Hey guys, any recommendations for a shop in the Corvallis, Salem area? I would even trailer it to the Portland area for the right shop. I have a 90 civic hatch with a d16zc swap. I have the surging idle issue and don't have the time to deal with it now. I am hoping a shop can fix it fast for a decent price.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

I know a few good shops in the Portland area, but this sounds like an easy fix. If you swaped the engine yourself, you would know a lot more about the wiring than any shop. Is the TPS pluged in?

Yeah it's plugged in. I ended up taking to a good mechanic in Corvallis who cleaned the throttle body and adjusted the air intake somehow and the surging went away. It's leaking coolant out the back from somewhere I havne't been able to isolate yet but it seems to be coming from around the oil filter.

Mark

Yeah it's plugged in. I ended up taking to a good mechanic in Corvallis who cleaned the throttle body and adjusted the air intake somehow and the surging went away. It's leaking coolant out the back from somewhere I havne't been able to isolate yet but it seems to be coming from around the oil filter.

Mark

Possibly a oil cooler coolant hose, or a heater hose. There are a few of them back there.

I do lots of swaps but I'm in hillsboro I just did this swap on my own car and had issue it was because I for got a hose its on the iacv sensor on back of intake mani it also flows coolant and deals with ur idle. also ur have that issues if sensor is damaged its a black sensor its good sized and its on back of intake mani closer to the tb

If u need more help u can email me at jeff.paulsen1@vzw.blackberry.net

The only shop i know is in aloha i believe its called speedconcept. also a very good shop in vancouver called 360 imports. can try 1 of those im going to go with 360 for my h22 swap

Back