Synchro Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Matts96HB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 879

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matts96HB

VIP
Having issues going into 3rd and 5th gear on my Hydro B16 tranny. Grinds pretty hard going into third at anything above 3k, does the same above 4k in 5th gear.

Already running GM Synchromesh, just changed it about 200 miles ago and didn't seem like it really did anything.

My question is, is there anything else I can do to help this thing get into gear a little better? Just for the next month or so. I'll be pulling the tranny at the end of summer and freshening it up.

Any suggestions, lets hear em. Thanks.

Well I know the Synchros in 3rd and 5th are probably on their way out. Its not the throwout. Just put a brand new one in 1k miles ago.

Just looking for something to ease the pain of shifting, its a horrible noise lol.

skip 3rd gear when possible.... thats what i did when my synchros went to shit. mine never really grinded 5th, but it did start randomly popping out of 5th.

Yeah that's what I've been doing, but I still would like to find some way to get it in there when I need to lol. Car is getting dyno tuned today, so the beating will begin lol

When you decide to pull the tranny are you gonna do it yourself? If so you should take a look at the thread in my sig to help you out.

Wow, awesome thread on the rebuiild.. I will definitely be doing it myself now. +Rep

Back