thoughts on my turbo set up????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok iam ready to order my turbo today, just have a few last questions here are my goals again

this spring approx-250hp
next spring 400 on fully built block.
i want to use the same turbo when the block is built i do not want to have to buy another one!

i decided turbonetics bc of there warranty ,they seem to have a good rep, good cust service, parts are easily available threw them

talked to turbonetics yesterday and they recomend i use a t3/t40E 50 trim .63 A/R what do you guys think?? sound right for a ending goal of 400hp? will the .63 A/R give me a decent spool? and the last question is should i order it in a 4 or 5 bolt down pipe flange???? thanks for all of your help guys

For tuning get a Hondata S300 IMO it is the best out there for a Honda. I run a S100 not as capable as the S300 but runs the car perfect and is a full stand alone and fully tuneable. I also agree go with a bigger injector Injector Dynamics 750cc or 1000cc are the best out there and work without resistors. Your turbo choice is a bit small for 400whp a TO4E .57trim or .60 trim .63 AR would be a better choice. Fuel rail is not needed as said but looks cool. I have a AEM one even though I have no need for it. The Turbo cams are also really not needed for your goal of 260whp. The ram horn you are looking at looks like it is a good one as long as it was made well. You will loose PS and AC with that mani just keep that in mind.

For tuning get a Hondata S300 IMO it is the best out there for a Honda. I run a S100 not as capable as the S300 but runs the car perfect and is a full stand alone and fully tuneable. I also agree go with a bigger injector Injector Dynamics 750cc or 1000cc are the best out there and work without resistors. Your turbo choice is a bit small for 400whp a TO4E .57trim or .60 trim .63 AR would be a better choice. Fuel rail is not needed as said but looks cool. I have a AEM one even though I have no need for it. The Turbo cams are also really not needed for your goal of 260whp. The ram horn you are looking at looks like it is a good one as long as it was made well. You will loose PS and AC with that mani just keep that in mind.

hondata s300 is what iam going to go with. and i think ill go with the 1000cc injectors so i have room to grow, as far as turbo i all ready ordered it from turbonetics. i went with the 50 trim .63a/r thats what they recomended. if i have to go bigger in the futur i will upgrade. iam buying all of my parts now and researching alot befor i buy certain things. i will be bringing this thread back once i start the build. thanks for everyones help!

Looks good. I am building pretty much the same set up for my LS Vtec. Good luck on reaching your goals. The B16 loves boost, it will actually make some torque under boost.

Back