Tire size: 00' si wheels, CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was trying to figure out a good tire size for my 00' Civic Si wheels, they will be going on my CRX. my crx has about an inch and a half drop or more.

Anyone have some suggestions and maybe some example pictures?

Thank you.

:werd:

Factory specification is a 185/60/14 for a stock Si.
Bump that to 15's and the closest match will be a 195/50/15.
They are .3% smaller, which will lead to microscopically better acceleration and a hair less weight. The 205/50/15 will be 1.5% bigger, which isn't a big deal. But you'll be heavier and slower (again, minimally) but you'll have a slightly wider contact patch, which will lead to slightly better cornering but worse gas mileage due to the extra drag.

:werd:

Factory specification is a 185/60/14 for a stock Si.
Bump that to 15's and the closest match will be a 195/50/15.
They are .3% smaller, which will lead to microscopically better acceleration and a hair less weight. The 205/50/15 will be 1.5% bigger, which isn't a big deal. But you'll be heavier and slower (again, minimally) but you'll have a slightly wider contact patch, which will lead to slightly better cornering but worse gas mileage due to the extra drag.
I like the look of 195 better than 205, the profile looks smaller. Especially with Falken Ziex-512, they look sexy in a 195/50/15. Imo.

You'll have straighter sidewalls on the 15x6 Si wheel with the 195/50. The tires are dirt cheap too, especially if you buy the top of the line tires on the market.

Back