Trying to understand the manual for the diff between 2 & 4 doors (engine harness) for a 2002 Civic E

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rcaca0

Hello,

I am in the process of doing an engine swap. Right now I am trying to map out all of my sensors for my current engine. I purchased the Honda Manual for my car. While looking through it, I noticed the manual shows two different diagrams for the engine wire harness: one for 2 door and one for 4 doors. This doesn't make sense to me since I am looking at the wire harness for the engine. I would think they would be the same. I also notice on the 2 door (which I have) they call out CVT parts. I thought CVT was for automatics and I have a manual besides why would this be different between a 4 door and 2 door? I am attaching pictures from the manual for both the 2 doors and 4 doors engine harness. Can someone tell me which one I should be using for a 2002 Civic EX coupe manual? Also does anybody know why there is a difference in the engine wire harness between the 2 and 4 doors?

Thanks Again,
R

Attachments

• Car 4 door.pdf
    119.3 KB · Views: 362
  • Car 2 door.pdf
    123.3 KB · Views: 322
A CVT transmission is not an automatic.... It is a whole new type. the 3rd type if you will. The difference between the the two are the transmission wires. all the engine specific wires seem to be the same. if you have the CVT and plan on using an automatic, you will run into problems because the two transmissions require different control systems.

Or be a man and swap to a standard transmission, two sensors and done.

LOL, I am planning on keeping my car a standard. It's more fun to drive. I'll go ahead and compare the two sets of drawings and write down the parts for the engine and manual transmission.

Thanks

Back