Turbo B20 b16 head EG for $6500 is it worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GhostRiderGSR

Hey, I'm looking at buying 'something fun' and here is what I've found. Tell me what you guys think. Is it worth it? Will it really put out that much HP? What quarter mile time do you think it would run? Thanks for any help/info!
The guys claims it puts out 332hp to the wheels with these mods on a Vtec b20 block with a b16 head:
wire tuck engine bay
99 b16 head
b20 bottom end
golden eagle ls/vtec kit
garrett bb turbo 60.trim
drag manifold
tial 35mm waste gate
xs power front mount
rc 550 injectors
beaded ic piping
greddy style bov
walbro 255 fuel pump
gsr tranny with no grinds
stage 3 clutch with fidanza 7pound flywheel
gsr front brakes with slotted power slot rotors
si rear disc with brembo cross drilles and slotted rotors
steel braded brake lines
del sol front seats
gsr leather back seats
momo drag steering wheel
nrg quick release
drag dr26 rims with dunlop tires
cf spoon style duck bill
type r front lip
rear strut bar
ground control coils
hondata s200 also
jegs battery relocation kit for rear hatch..

If you were to buy it I would turn the boost down or sleeve the block. Pushing 300hp+ on a b20 block is asking for a disaster. Or at least that's my opinion.

:werd: I'm with both of these guys. The B20 sleeves are really weak, so turning the boost down will at least help it's longetivity, until you perhaps decide to sleeve the block. If you don't, it will keep going strong, as long as you don't boost the hell out of it. Best of luck on your possible buy. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice, he says that he's running 9lbs boost on it and that its only got about 5K on this motor (since rebuild I assume). Also I noticed in the pic that the battery is in the passenger seat which... I don't really like but... how hard is it to put it BACK in the engine bay or should I leave it? He also says that its never been on a drag strip, track and never NOSed (he said it doesn't need it, which I believe). Anyway any more advice is greatly appreciated!

Ah, okay. Did he do anything under the hood that required the battery to be relocated? Some people do it to free up room under the hood.

Worth it? Also what is the thing in the front passenger seat? AND what rims are those? btw the heater doesn't work and the stereo doesn't work due to the wiring 'tuck' job. I kind of need a heater? If it's a daily driver I at LEAST need a defroster?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/AFO510/FOR%20SALE/IMGP7691copy.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/AFO510/FOR SALE/IMGP7699copy.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/AFO510/FOR SALE/IMGP7761copy.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/AFO510/FOR SALE/IMGP7744copy.jpg

Man, that's gorgeous. Have you test driven it yet? The rims, I have no clue, but they are really nice. As far as your heater and stereo, perhaps it is just a short somewhere? Does it have the thermostat installed?

Remember this, no matter what anyone says if YOU like it and YOU can afford it, as well as it is what YOU want and will make YOU happy, then go for it. :D Personally, I would...but I require air conditioning. haha

6500 sounds ok , but be warry most thing that sound to good to be true are too good to be true , why if you can do a tuck job on the wires no heat or radio , something seems fishy to me
on the plus side you could easily spend 6500 on the parts if all parts listed are on the car

for me daily driver not a chance ,

Damn that thing is sexy looking! I'm lovin it but i dont really like buying Honda's with work already done... Who knows? They might have run the shit out of it... If ima buy a honda for that much id rather it be stock one owner old person owned. :D

What was the final verdict? Did you end up getting it?

Like they all said, thats a really really nice car, and pretty much looks mint. Also if you want it, the def. do it. But my personal opinion is i would never buy anyone els's work. I sadly did that. I had a 95 coupe with a stock non vtec motor, i spent about $4,000 on a white with blue pearl paint job, Tein suspension, apexi exhaust and a few other things, and i sold it for a 97 hatch with a b16, and about 5 months after i baught it, i started burning 4 quarts of oil ever 1,500 miles, THATS BAD. so pretty much, you just never really know unless you pull it apart. but if you have $6,000 to spend you can find a pretty nice shell and buy a new motor and build your own fun project and learn on the way, but thats just me, good luck to you, and have fun!

ACE

Back