Unusual 2nd gen swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I wrecked my 88 CRX HF and I found a 90 Civic DX hatch shell to replace it. I want to put my HF power train into the DX civic. The HF has mpfi and the DX has dpfi. Can i put the DX intake and exhaust on my HF motor? Or, can I put my HF engine complete into the DX? Do I need to change the ECU? Do I need to change any wiring? I am looking for the easiest and fastest method. Thanks for any input.

I miss my 45 mpg car badly.

you can put the HF engine into the DX, but you will first need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes to your DX engine harness - you will also need to add wiring for the EGR valve - you will need to use the HF ECU - you will need to use the DX exhaust manifold on the HF engine

Yeah, you can do that. Just run the intake manifold from the DX car on your HF's engine and you can drop everything right in. Make sure to use the DX's O2 sensor too with its exhaust manifold.

I already finished the swap and am having idle problems. I did not change the exhaust manifold, so that is probably why. Everything elso went great. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Back