Upgrading AUDI head unit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
Anyone have any experince with JVC car audio? I'm not a big car audi guru but i wanted to get a head unit that integrates Sat, NAV, CD/DVD functions without having a bunch of gagets mounted all over my car.

Saw this JVC unit at Circuit City

EC.JVC.KDNX5000.JPG

.5" monitor: Watch DVDs or use the navigation feature on the 3.5" full color monitor.

Bluetooth capable: With a Bluetooth-compatible phone, you can take and make calls through your car stereo, hands-free. With the POI Sync Dialing feature, you can find the number to a nearby restaurant or hotel and call with the touch of a button.*
Built-in traffic tuner: The RDS-TMC traffic tuner gives you traffic information in real time, so you can enjoy time spent on the road.
40GB hard drive: There is 16 GB of mapping data pre-loaded onto the drive, so you've got 24GB for music—that's up to 460 albums!
iPod ready: Use an adapter (sold separately) to connect your iPod or other peripheral device through the auxiliary input.
Satellite radio ready: With a subscription and a satellite radio tuner (sold separately), you can start enjoying the best sports, news, talk and commercial-free radio from coast to coast.
Multimedia: Besides interfacing with mobile devices, the KDNX5000 is compatible with MP3, WMA, WAV, DivX and DVD formats. It has a 7-band EQ to customize the sound to fit your favorite genre of music.
Extra features: A video input, telephone muting, shock proof memory, detachable faceplate and JPEG display make this the most versatile navigation in-dash player around. Note: requires KS-BTA200 Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).

i had the previous model to that in my sti. great receiver. mp3's on dvd FTW. i had 3 dics in my car, and 80% of the music i listen to the most.

but.........

as for getting it in your audi, good luck.

next to no one will touch it, and for good reason.

bah i'll do it its not that big a deal although it is a pian it can be done. as far as that headunit is concerned all i have to say is bad ass. the only thing you need to add is a center channel for when you watch movies.

Turn out one of my buddies works at a car audi store from high school, he hooked up me nice with a Eclispse avn5500, just got it installeds. Very nice clean looking unit almost looks factory installed.

h099AVN5500-f_ftp.jpg

Very nice.. I really love Eclipse products. I've been using the same Eclipse head unit for like 6 years now, and haven't been able to beat the sound quality of it yet.

eclipse is the shit. I bought the cd5100 series. Its awesome.i paid 650 but you can get them for much cheaper online. all my music isbeing played though my memory stick. no more cd's. Plus the SQ compared to the rest i have owned is just awesome. alpine,pioneer,clarion etc. this deck is by far the best.

ONLY PROBLEM

like the rest,there is no pause. only mute.

also the remote is slow. the headunit too ,nothing major but when your scrolling through 4gigs of music i gets old if you impatient. The other cool features and capabilties make up for it.

Back