Wanting some input..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondadude141

¿pɐǝɥ ɹn ɥʇıʍ uıop nɥɔʇɐʍ
So I'm looking for a second vehicle that can carry a lot and is within my price budget, which is about 14K max, preferably around 12-13. I know that two people in my family have Yukons and each of them has well over 200K miles, and they still run like a champ. So I started doing some digging, and came across one that I bookmarked, and now it has kind of "stuck" as the one I would really like to go drive, and possibly buy. I just wanted to see some of you guys' opinions on the older Yukons.

Before anyone says it, yes I realize they get pretty crappy gas mileage, but that's why I have a Mazda. So here's the link to the one that I'm looking into.

2004 Yukon

So I'll take any input, as long as everyone keeps in mind that gas mileage doesn't matter, and yes I will be getting a warranty. Thanks guys!

The drivetrains of the 2WD ones are bulletproof asside from a few lemon transmissions. I would avoid 4wd unless you plan on offroading or doing serious winter driving.

You know my thoughts on this. It doesn't make sense to buy a second car before you deploy. Plus gas is going up fast. If you get it, sell the car. I just think you want to spend money. Lol

trailer.jpg

seems like a good deal.
2004 GMC Yukon - Suggested Retail Value - Kelley Blue Book

Used Cars for Sale: Listings Near 76020 - Cars.com

If that's what you want it sounds like a great deal. go get it!

Yep, I've test driven 3 on that page, and the one for 13K something is really nice.

The drivetrains of the 2WD ones are bulletproof asside from a few lemon transmissions. I would avoid 4wd unless you plan on offroading or doing serious winter driving.

Haha, yeah. I don't need 4 wheel drive, so I'll be sticking with 2 wheel, and I want to buy from a dealer so I'll definitely be picking up a warranty.

You know my thoughts on this. It doesn't make sense to buy a second car before you deploy. Plus gas is going up fast. If you get it, sell the car. I just think you want to spend money. Lol

I want something to lug my crap around for the next few months before I go, and it's going to be something I keep. If I sell anything it'll be the Mazda, and I'll go pick up a motorcycle for gas mileage...

Just... No...

Working with the dealer on this Yukon, it was only a grand more, and has half the miles.

2004 Yukon SLT

I offered 12,200 or 13,500 with TT&L included. We are supposed to work out a price that includes a 5 year, 50K mile warranty. Which is only 1499 on its own, so I'll probably end up right around 14K, and putting 4K down in cash and financing 10K ish..

So that Yukon ended up getting sold this morning.. Pretty lame, but everything happens for a reason.

I've been a little indecisive today, and actually might go give this 2005 Trailblazer a shot. It's smaller than a yukon/tahoe, but it'll still do what I want it to do, AND it look like it's in excellent shape.

2005 Chevy Trailblazer

I'm going to see it in the morning, and who knows maybe I'll leave with it. I just hope the pictures do it justice and there isn't too much that is hidden that the pics don't show.

Can't find a used one that is in my price range or I would. The cheapest one within 75 miles of me is around 18K, about 4 grand too much.

What are you talking about? I plan on keeping whatever I get until the wheels fall off and it's absolutely not drivable... I really need it for the next few months before I deploy because my gear stays in my vehicle 24/7 now, whereas I used to take it out and only need it a few times a week. Just because I buy one, and leave on deployment, doesn't mean I'm getting rid of it. I think you misunderstood.

Last edited:
Back