Whats a Good Cam to run with No2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Hey all, what are some good cams to run with n2o? I hear that Toda Spec B's are real good cams for (streat/track), but since they are designed for NA use, they have a long Duration in addition to a High lift - is this bad since i am gonna be running n2o? I dont wanna over pressurize anything, so maybe i should get a cam with a High lift/short Duration?

What do you think - thanks a lot

BTW - please suggest some cams that would work well with n2o

(typo)

i want to change my cams, cause it is stupid to run n2o on a completely stock motor - if i did that, i'd be pissed off whenever i wasnt runnin it cause my car really wasnt any faster at all.

I want to change the cams cause i WANT to change them (you know, to make more power when im not on the squeeeze)

They make cams specifically for nitrous. Look around.

Im pretty sure those cams would be in cases where a 100+ shot of Nitrous will be used, and that wont be safe to run that high a shot without getting into the bottomend.

Well, i dont plan to run any more than a 75 shot (eventually) so, i guess ill be ok with the TODA Spec B's.

if im wrong, tell me.

:D I belive it's NO2, one nitrogen and two oxygen,,,just for records.. :D

just make sure your internals can handle the extra heat and hp..

So, the cams should work fine then? I want to get the TODA's cause they would give me great hp/tq gains - i was just concerned about the duration being a proplem (i know it is for turbo applications).

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 3 2003, 04:47 PM
:D I belive it's NO2, one nitrogen and two oxygen,,,just for records.. :D

just make sure your internals can handle the extra heat and hp..

its definitely n2o Milan

WHOA!!! This isn't me. At this time this morning, I was at Bayou Bills, drunk off my ass. I think I need to take off my auto login feature.

Stick to postwhoring... DUMBASS! its n2o, if it was 2 parts oxygen it would be DIoxide, DI meaning 2... finish fucking highschool THEN maybe you can talk shit.

N

O

WHOA!!! This isn't me. At this time this morning, I was at Bayou Bills, drunk off my ass. I think I need to take off my auto login feature.

What kind of nitrous are you running? Well... I guess that doesn't matter so much, but ZEX teamed up with Crane cams (correct me if I'm wrong) and made some nitrous specific cam setups that I've heard really good things about. Check them out at www.zex.com or at the crane homepage, which i don't know.

if you get it done, POST YOUR RESULTS.

yea its comp not crane and they are nice as shit.

if you use the toda spec B cams you will need the following before you even think about getting n20... toda b-series cam gears, toda valve springs, toda high power timing belt, and for the spec B cams you need to get head work done such as port and polish and a 3-angle valve job. that set up should net 25 whp gains or more depending on the mods you already have. :D

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back