Would you ever work at a car dealership?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car dealerships are awesome. You make what you earn. One of the few places where you can make the difference between 30k a year and 200k. Its all up to you.

My brother pulls over 200k a year at a medium-small town dealership. But yeah, he works stupid long hours. 60-70 hours a week easy.

Last edited:
I know what I want to buy. I don't need someone to tell me.

What a co-incidence. I hate customers like that because they're the ones who feel like salespeople are their personal door mats.

Are you saying that you prefer the dumb ones who need you to tell them what they want? Like i said, stupid people are the only reason you make money. Thank god America is full of idiots.

ive considered it before...but it just doesnt seem consistant enough...i mean...are there always people going to the dealerships to buy a car?

:yes:
Like i said, America is full of idiots who are more than willing to drive a new car off the lot and lose $5k in 10 seconds.

I like how we edited each others posts so that we could have an argument, when really there was no disagreement. Face it Blanco, we're both fucktards.

It's not really the department you're talking about working in, but I've been working at a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership for a little over a month, and I love it. Badass pay (flat rate FTW!), killer benefits, 401k, and 99.9% of the vehicles I work on are less than 3 years old (so I don't have to mess with random off-the-street POS's). That, and if I ever decide to buy a Chrysler product (ick), I'd get a pretty damn decent employee discount. All that combined with I get my own stall (2 lifts, 1 flat, computer with internet and Alldata, workbench) that I can bring my own vehicle in whenever I like and work on it...

I definitely love the dealership environment.

I was a lot attendant at a Chrysler dealership one summer. The "Dealership Atmosphere" is a lot like days of our lives. Everyone who works there was a drama queen. The techs were worse than the office bitches. Sad, really.

word

I'm planning on selling cars in the near future, actually. Selling things comes easy to me though.

no kiddin selling is in my blood and lungs LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back