would you put you ass in it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
looking for opinons on a good set of seats to put in my rex. I've looked at sparco,flex fit and corbeau(sp?) and a few others, but there hard to find in person at shops to actually strap you ass in. Want to know what other peeps experience/suggestions are in this. Money is really not an object(to a point). I just want a good set of seats that I can put 4 apoint harness through.

:unsure: :p

First decision is to decide what type of seat you want... full featured and comfortable with reclining ability and nice padding, or something a little more spartan that's rigid and will make your butt numb after two hours of driving?

I have Corbeau TRS seats in my Civic and they're extremely comfortable while still holding me in nice and tight around the corners, and I also have one Corbeau Forza in my CRX. It's a lot simpler than the TRS, weighs half as much, and beats the hell out of your butt after a long road trip. One's a normal seat, one's a "race only" seat. They can both take 4 point harnesses, but the race seats will almost require it because your stock belt will not sit right across your hips (unless you're really big).

Put a post out on your local boards and see if people will let you sit in their seats. That's what I did before I bought my first set.

I like Nex for non recliable seat! They are cheap and look good! If you dont like it that they say next take off the head rest va la! I had those before and I loved them And they are light! Now I use tenzo reclinables also nice seat!@ Thats kind of some mid range budget seats! They are not sparco thats for sure! But the quality on both are great anyways!

I definately want reclinable. Something like the (i hate to say Tenzo R's) but I've heard that they are junk. I want a nice quality seat. My CRX is going to be a true street/strip car. Not daily driven, but if I feel like takin it to Vegas and being on the road for 4 hours, I will. Anyone else have any suggestions. By the way, Thanks Calesta for the great explanation. :p

Well, I do like my Corbeaus. :)

There has been confirmation on a few forums that a few of the Arospeed models are actually rebadged Recaros- you might want to do some research into that. I don't like Arospeed, but if you're trying to save money and get something nice, you can ignore the name that's stitched into the fabric.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 11 2003, 04:37 AM
Well, I do like my Corbeaus. :)

There has been confirmation on a few forums that a few of the Arospeed models are actually rebadged Recaros- you might want to do some research into that. I don't like Arospeed, but if you're trying to save money and get something nice, you can ignore the name that's stitched into the fabric.

From the pricing I have seen, the Arospeeds are more expensive than getting the Recaro badged Recaros. I had some Recs. they were very nice, same description that Mike had for the Corbeaus. I would definitly look at the Cors or Recs, if you want a quality seat.

I have seats from a 91 prelude in my Civic. They are really comfortable, the sides are adjustable, and they were free :) . Just thaught id share.

personally for a racing seat... you cant beat a kirkey racing seat

especially for the price a full custom seat built to your dimensions!

as for a seat that is reclinable and comfortable? it all depends on your body type... there is the sparco evo 2 which is made non-reclinable but is comfy for those who are about 36" in the waist or wider

like i said though its on your dimensions that'll help you decide which is more comfy for you

I would have to recommend the seats that Calesta recommended. They are extremely comfortable, I thought the stock SI's were comfortable, but Calesta's are nice, best seats I have ever sat in.

Thanks Frankie. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@?
there is the sparco evo 2 which is made non-reclinable but is comfy for those who are about 36" in the waist or wider

Mine are spec'd to a maximum 50 inch waist, and he was still able to squeeze into them... somehow. It was scary. Oh yeah- that's 50 inches... below the belly lump. Not over it.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

i dont know how big you are but before you buy a seat, make sure it is sized for you. alot of those racing seats are built for small people only (waist less than 30"!!). Sparco has a seat size chart on their website. (www.sparcousa.com). other big name seat brands probably will tell you the sizes too. i had a 3A racing seat in my rex and drove for about 5 miles before i reealized it was starting to bruise my hips! it felt fine in the store where i tried it out, but it turned out to be more snug than i thought. then my coworker who works in the off-road performance industry told me that most racing seats are designed for small people....and if you look at sparco's seat size chart you'll see that its true.

Back