We have implemented the following guidelines for using our community forums. This is a guide, not a rulebook. Common sense and a demeanor of friendliness will get you far and make everyone's stay more enjoyable.
Last Edited: 11/28/2009
- First and foremost, our staff members will NOT respond to direct request for technical support on their cars. There are only 10 of us and 65,000+ of you. It simply can't be done. Moreover, its what the forums are here for. Asking us a question via e-mail or PM's will not get stored on the boards' search able database. Thus, no one else will ever benefit from the answer. When posted, however, it is open to the entire community and the internet to search on, read, and learn from. Many people will have similar problems and it could just help someone else at some point in the future. Please understand this. You may, however, contact a staff member using the link in the footer for any issues with accounts, login trouble, etc
- Under NO circumstances will pornography or ANY other type of questionable materials be allowed to be posted in ANY forum other than the NWS forum. Anything remotely provocative, dealing with risque topics, or any drug or gun-related topics MUST be posted in the NWS forum only. Outright hardcore porn is NOT ACCEPTABLE, even in the NWS forum.
- We require all posts to be positive, constructive, and on topic. We may delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread. This again comes down to common sense. We are less strict about this in the "Lounge" forums than we are in the technical forums, as its a different atmosphere.
- Avoid bumping old threads if you have nothing constructive to add to the post.
- The staff will remove any topic or posts we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our community. Think before you post
- We like to have fun. It's an open community and having fun is always a good part of any group. In general, the technical forums will be boring, and strict to the topic. But, we also have the lounge, local forums, and multimedia areas where things are more laid-back. Whatever the case, please keep it positive and polite. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
- Racial comments, slurs, sexists remarks and so forth will NOT be tolerated
- Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated
- Please try to limit the use of slang and profanity. Again, we aren't very strict on this, but it makes you look more intelligent when you post in an intelligent manner.
- tYp1nG 1N |n742n3t sp33k is retarded and will not be tolerated. "Wut" "dat" and "u" are not words. All it does is make us NOT want to help you with your problem or question.
- Advertisements by non-vendors are not allowed. More information can be found in our Advertising Media Kit
- We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community for any reason at any time without notice. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases, but in some cases, an automatic ban will take place. Spamming, posting porn, etc are a couple of these.
- If you wish to remove your account, please see this FAQ post
- If you have a problem with another member, contact a staff member about it. Don't take it into your own hands.
- Warez, mp3's and other illegal download-able materials may NOT be posted on the site, even in link format. It is illegal, and we will not harvest this. This INCLUDES links to service manuals and other 'scans'.
- No offers for CarFax or any other pay service request posts are allowed. If you need a CarFax done, pay for it yourself.
- Signatures may not contain images. Avatars can not be animated gif's. Don't ask, this will not change.
- UserName Changes. Simply put, there are none. If you want a different name, re-register for a new account. The only exception to this is for legal reasons directed by a lawyer to webmaster \AT\ hondaswap.com
- The Gallery is a Free service for active members of the board. No NWS images should be uploaded to the gallery. Abusive, vulgar images, porn, etc will get you banned. The point of this is to host CAR-related images.
- These Rules are subject to change without notice. It is YOUR responsibly to check the rules often and to become familiar with them.
General Rules and Terms of service:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. By registering and posting, you agree to the terms within.
Although the administrators and moderators of HondaSwap Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of HondaSwap Forums, nor vBulletin services, LLC, the developers of the board software, nor any other ad-on company will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By posting on these forums, you agree to the following:
HondaSwap.com and it's owners are not representative of your words and/or opinions but retain rights to the actual posted content. Content will be removed/deleted at the sole discretion of the HondaSwap.com Staff.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are of spam in nature, trolling, obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of HondaSwap Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.