$0.32 for gas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Where in Sacramento is gasoline $2.20 a gallon ? That's the complete opposite of what I hear about Sacramento

IT's still $2.88 a gallon here... I am of course taking into account the Sacramento is a large place, and you're completely full of shit.
lo full of shit you're the funniest person ever. lol but i know it was 2.44, and i thought it was bull shit too, but hey cars all over that gas station. I didnt have any time, so i had no choice but to go to the shell down the street who had reg for like 2.77 or something. Shit is weird over here.

What is absolutely hillarious is when one gas station undercuts every other station in town by a nickle, and people back up into the street and cause traffic jams. People waiting in line an hour and a half to save a whopping $1.10 filling up thier big ass SUVs..

Dumb asses. Wait in line for an hour and a half for a buck ten. :dunno:

Yeah those FUKIN IDIOTS. but i must admit that ive done it before to. but oh well.
.......THOSE FUKIN IDIOTS. BURN IN HELL YOU BASTARDS WHO CONTROL FUEL PRICES. BURN

Allow me to post a mild rant. This is a 4 on the Celerity-Earl Scale.

Gas prices are the fault of EVERYONE in the industry. Lets peice it out:

The gas station owners. They name the price. And while they have competition to worry about they gouge. They gouge like nobody's business. Octane grades were $0.10 higher for each octane upgrade. Now, you're seeing anywhere between .08 and .16. That's not right. Even when they are lower there is something going on (They don't lose, ever). They cry that it's not their fault, that they only make a few cents on every gallon. Well good for them. Where does that few cents go? In their goddam pockets. hiring employees, keeping care of the pumps and tanks, it's not on them. It's up to the discretion and pocket books of the Parent company. Pure profit. Look at what they do with Diesel. Diesel is Diesel is Diesel - But yet they are marginally jacking prices of a difference of about .50. That's 50 cents. Same shit, same tankers bring it in.

The distributors get the tankers in from the shores. Quite frankly, it surprises me that this happens. Imagine what it's like to keep a steady stream of haulers going from CT to Kansas daily. It costs about $4000 to get a loaded semi out there - And it's going to come back empty. I had to digress for a moment, but then return to the retailers:

They all get (mostly) the same gasoline. Then they add their octane boosters. Citgo picks up from the Venezela batch, Mobil picks up from the Esso Arabian batch, Shell picks up from the American / Saudi mix batches. But really, that's about it. The stations buy whatever is cheapest that day.

But it makes more sense for gasoline to cost WAY more in the interior of the country than it does on the outskirts, or particularly, in CT / NJ / Louisiana / Texas. Texas seems to realise this, but CT is still way over what it should be.

The local towns and EPA interests. CT is the worst for this. In CT it's common to see one gas station next to another that is 20 cents different. That's because the town has it's own set limits and mixtures of gasoline blends to be sold within the town. That means that people drive out of town to get gas because it may be cheaper. This is horseshit. Like I said, CT is the worst with this, but I remember Colorado did it too (They have some expensive ass gas)

And of course the Refineries. They were hit by storms and natural disasters, and now have to lay off workers. That's bullshit. Refineries aren't independent of their parent companies - All of whom are posting record high profits. They, once again, shafted the lower guys on the totem pole.

When it comes down to it, if Saudi arabia was offer free gasoline, all of the costs that we see is actually in getting it to our gas tanks. The oil barges that get it here, the longshore offloading of it, the storage and then delivery to interior sections - Damn, it takes just as much to get the gasoline to our tanks as it does to put in them.

Car Companies themselves: They have this technology. They have the ability to make cars more efficient and ultimately save the world. But they aren't doing it because they aren't done making money off the current shit they are selling. Subaru is a great example of this.. When the prices went high and their reputation on the WRX came to kick their ass they suddenly said "Wait! We DO have a hybrid now!". Prices came back down slightly, and they are trying desperately to sweep it under the carpet.

Everyone has their fingers in the eye of the American Consumer - And it's WORSE in other places. They shit all over Britain, Germany, Canada and southern European blocs because there isn't shit they can do about it.

Russia is selling crude for about $26 USD per barrel. You know what that tells me ? That tells me that we've been shopping in the same store for so long that we forgot what competing stores have to offer. Like when I was shopping in Stop and Shop in Newtown CT - And I grew used to their prices. Then I moved and started going to Stop and Shop in Ansonia and found what prices should be. We need to smarten up about what we're doing.

So I support the companies that I feel are doing their best. Unfortunately, their prices aren't the best. I have a cheap Mobil down the road (Imagine that) and a Shell across the street. I used to buy Citgo exclusively, but they support a regime that I don't like. That is the only way we can make a difference.

But in the end, they are all scumbags.

after I learned how to do simple addition...which was before I started driving, I learned how to calculate the difference it would be. I'm not going to go somewhere than more than .10 more expensive then the place down the street because it will add up and the 3 blocks it takes me to get there would be worth the $300 savings a year.

Damn if I kept driving my shitvic or anything that gets halfway decent mpg, I;d be saving more than a $1000 a year. Goddamn Audi....if only it had an extra 100 hp, I'd be satisfied with the extra cost, but a measly 172 hp in that heavy piece just isn't cutting it. Maybe I'll trade this in and use it as a partial DP for a new 2.0T. 2.0T's chipped make ~245 hp/ 295 ft lbs, that might satisfy me for a little while.

yea one of the retarded bitches tat works on base at MCAS Miramar didn that a while back at the gas station early in the morning, put the gas at $.50. i guess no one noticed at the store, so a bunch of guys that got gas early in the morning went and told all their friends, so there was a big ass traffic jam at the store, so fnally they figured it out.

ct has stupid high gas prices because of state and local taxes. its like 60 cents a gallon in taxes...

Quoted post[/post]]
Allow me to post a mild rant. This is a 4 on the Celerity-Earl Scale.

Gas prices are the fault of EVERYONE in the industry. Lets peice it out:

The gas station owners. They name the price. And while they have competition to worry about they gouge. They gouge like nobody's business. Octane grades were $0.10 higher for each octane upgrade. Now, you're seeing anywhere between .08 and .16. That's not right. Even when they are lower there is something going on (They don't lose, ever). They cry that it's not their fault, that they only make a few cents on every gallon. Well good for them. Where does that few cents go? In their goddam pockets. hiring employees, keeping care of the pumps and tanks, it's not on them. It's up to the discretion and pocket books of the Parent company. Pure profit. Look at what they do with Diesel. Diesel is Diesel is Diesel - But yet they are marginally jacking prices of a difference of about .50. That's 50 cents. Same shit, same tankers bring it in.

The distributors get the tankers in from the shores. Quite frankly, it surprises me that this happens. Imagine what it's like to keep a steady stream of haulers going from CT to Kansas daily. It costs about $4000 to get a loaded semi out there - And it's going to come back empty. I had to digress for a moment, but then return to the retailers:

They all get (mostly) the same gasoline. Then they add their octane boosters. Citgo picks up from the Venezela batch, Mobil picks up from the Esso Arabian batch, Shell picks up from the American / Saudi mix batches. But really, that's about it. The stations buy whatever is cheapest that day.

But it makes more sense for gasoline to cost WAY more in the interior of the country than it does on the outskirts, or particularly, in CT / NJ / Louisiana / Texas. Texas seems to realise this, but CT is still way over what it should be.

The local towns and EPA interests. CT is the worst for this. In CT it's common to see one gas station next to another that is 20 cents different. That's because the town has it's own set limits and mixtures of gasoline blends to be sold within the town. That means that people drive out of town to get gas because it may be cheaper. This is horseshit. Like I said, CT is the worst with this, but I remember Colorado did it too (They have some expensive ass gas)

And of course the Refineries. They were hit by storms and natural disasters, and now have to lay off workers. That's bullshit. Refineries aren't independent of their parent companies - All of whom are posting record high profits. They, once again, shafted the lower guys on the totem pole.

When it comes down to it, if Saudi arabia was offer free gasoline, all of the costs that we see is actually in getting it to our gas tanks. The oil barges that get it here, the longshore offloading of it, the storage and then delivery to interior sections - Damn, it takes just as much to get the gasoline to our tanks as it does to put in them.

Car Companies themselves: They have this technology. They have the ability to make cars more efficient and ultimately save the world. But they aren't doing it because they aren't done making money off the current shit they are selling. Subaru is a great example of this.. When the prices went high and their reputation on the WRX came to kick their ass they suddenly said "Wait! We DO have a hybrid now!". Prices came back down slightly, and they are trying desperately to sweep it under the carpet.

Everyone has their fingers in the eye of the American Consumer - And it's WORSE in other places. They shit all over Britain, Germany, Canada and southern European blocs because there isn't shit they can do about it.

Russia is selling crude for about $26 USD per barrel. You know what that tells me ? That tells me that we've been shopping in the same store for so long that we forgot what competing stores have to offer. Like when I was shopping in Stop and Shop in Newtown CT - And I grew used to their prices. Then I moved and started going to Stop and Shop in Ansonia and found what prices should be. We need to smarten up about what we're doing.

So I support the companies that I feel are doing their best. Unfortunately, their prices aren't the best. I have a cheap Mobil down the road (Imagine that) and a Shell across the street. I used to buy Citgo exclusively, but they support a regime that I don't like. That is the only way we can make a difference.

But in the end, they are all scumbags.

you do realize not every gas station gets the same prices on gas from the distributor right? like brian said, theres only a couples cents per gallon profit. i know this for a fact because my grandfather owns a gas station and thats what he told me. if you see a $0.20 price diff on gas stations right next to each other then chance are the guy with the higher price is buying it from the guy with the lower price and trying to make a profit on it :p

Quoted post[/post]]
you'd be suprised...

gas station owners make very little profit off gas... like, 2-3 cents a gallon.

they make their money in food/bev's/smokes/lotto

Werd. I had a friend that worked for a gas station, she'd tell us that the owner would get the daily gas prices, sometimes he'd then add 3 cents for his profit, sometimes he'd drop 3 cents to be cheapest in the area, but would still make a slightly smaller profit from volume. Sometimes he wouldn't make any profit at all by keeping it right on the price he's charged.

Back