'01 Integra B18b into a '94 Del Sol D16Z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vxn12

Hi Guys,

I will be swapping a B18b (from an 01 Integra) into a '94 Del Sol next week. I need some advice/instructions. I need to know what I have to do as far as ECU and wiring. The B18 comes with the original wire harness and the OBD 2 ECU. But I don't think it's no good to use them, right? If I understand correctly, I need to get a OBD 1 B18b ECU (P75) and use the engine harness from my Del Sol, correct? This might sound silly, but will all the connectors from the Del Sol just simply plug-into the B18? What other wiring do I need to change on the ECU side? Also, if you know a good write-up on what I'm trying to do, please give me the link. Thank you for your time.

use an OBD-1 LS ECU
use the harness that comes with the B18B (if its USDM) it will plug right into your car at the shock towers

if you use the del sol harness you will need to change the plugs for the distributor, the alternator, and the injectors
you will also have to lengthen a few wires that wont reach

Thanks E_SolSi!

Ok, so I need to buy an OBD1 LS ECU and plug it into the wire harness that came w/ the engine (eventhough the harness is for an OBD2 engine). It should work, right? Is there anything else I need to change on the harness to make it plug into the OBD1 LS ECU? Thanks again. Sorry if I asked the same Questions again. I'm trying to make sure before I go tackle the problem.

your engine harness does not connect directly to the ECU... it connects to the plugs at the shock towers under the hood... then from there those wires go to the ECU

all (USDM or other LHD) 3rd gen integra engine harness' will plug directly into the plugs on your del sol (or other 5th gen civics)

no wiring changes are needed

get the engine mounted in there
plug in the engine harness
plug in the ECU
done

Back