02 Civic Si w/ Greddy Turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Oct 8 2003, 10:50 PM
I doubt it's just that I got a strong one.

My 87 GT Vert with ONLY headers, offroad H pipe, and flowmaster mufflers on the stock 2.25" pipes went 14.08 with 160k miles on the clock.

My 86 GT goes low 14's usually with only and offroad H pipe and Flowmaster exhaust. Almost 100k miles on her, and she eats a quart of 20w50 every week.

My 92 LX 5.0 went 13.8 with only headers, offroad H and Flowmaster exhaust and 3.55 diff gears. 60k miles.

All of these were on street tires, no drag radials, no slicks.

I doubt it's just "I got a stong one". Fox Mustang are strong. I think the mags downplayed their potential to make Camaro's look better than they were. It's all about who's paying more to the mags.

:werd:
fox body mustangs pretty much own the drag strip. a few performance parts and a power adder and you're easily dipping into the 12's and 11's.
Sir Kid is right, everyone downplays the 5.0s
from my understanding, the LXs were even quicker than the GTs because they didn't have the added weight that came with the options of a GT.

all you need to do is take off the factory airbox, swap the filter for a K&N, get a good TB and IM, a set of long-tube headers, H or X pipe, good exhaust system, 4.10 gears and your flyin baby. easily get into low 13's or maybe even into the 12's with some sticky tires.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Oct 9 2003, 03:14 PM
fox body mustangs pretty much own the drag strip. a few performance parts and a power adder and you're easily dipping into the 12's and 11's.
Sir Kid is right, everyone downplays the 5.0s
from my understanding, the LXs were even quicker than the GTs because they didn't have the added weight that came with the options of a GT.

:werd:

LX 5.0s were actually faster than the GT counterparts. makes no sense that Ford would do that, but it would be funnier than hell to beat up on a GT with your LX.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Oct 9 2003, 01:50 AM
and Flowmaster exhaust

Den dey got tha flows.....Dey aint tripping off da flow-massas. it jes fer dekarashun man, thats it and thats all man, dey jus fer dekarashun :lol:

my best freinds 91 lx runs 16's bro, i think there might be a wee bit of wishful thining here, and he has a few minor after market things like pullys and exhaust, given , it is an automatic, it only has 89 thou on it, still man, iono...

Back