'04 Suburu Sti

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think the STi's are so much better than the EVO 8 by far.

Saw my first EVO 8 in person the other day while getting a haircut... its hella sweet. I think it'll be a bit before you can really make the call on which one is better, performance numbers are shady... usually one or the other is stated to not have been doing its best. I also feel like this is going to be the ford chevy thing for imports big time. Two sweet ass cars, its all about which one your partial to.

Honestly I'd cream my pants if I found either of them in my driveway. Especially since I don't have a driveway. :p

damn, i'd like that girl/car package.

:werd: I wish chicks came with cars, but yeah I soon figured out they don't. THey just ask for rides once you get a nice car.

sti is sick one of my good friends just bought one and i drove in it last night its nuts 100mph in no time sticks right to the road and unlike the wrx the thing felt like it had no turbo lag whatsoever

WTF i own an evo with vishnu stage one and i can eat a sti alive, while im still in second a sti has to shift into third to get to 60, plus the sti has problems it pings at 80-90 mph what do you need a six speed for, when are you gonna use it any ways? the sti has a 2.5 liter its not allowed in rallys hence the evo is 2.0 the sti's and wrxs try to get the power evos make plus who ever put thoose o-60 times up my friend had a stock evo and got a 0-60 time of 4.8 STOCK evos dominate

alex :worthy:

sti's can :roll: talk to my altezza lights

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 5 2003, 01:28 AM
WTF i own an evo with vishnu stage one and i can eat a sti alive, while im still in second a sti has to shift into third to get to 60, plus the sti has problems it pings at 80-90 mph what do you need a six speed for, when are you gonna use it any ways? the sti has a 2.5 liter its not allowed in rallys hence the evo is 2.0 the sti's and wrxs try to get the power evos make plus who ever put thoose o-60 times up my friend had a stock evo and got a 0-60 time of 4.8 STOCK evos dominate

where in so cal? torrance here

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 5 2003, 02:28 AM
plus the sti has problems it pings at 80-90 mph what do you need a six speed for, when are you gonna use it any ways?

well, your a moron, and i doubt you own one.

EVO's are 6 speeds.

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 5 2003, 01:28 AM

Well WTF- go mod an STi with the same amount of cash you supposedly spent on your Evo and see who comes out on top then.

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 5 2003, 06:28 AM

EVos may pull a 4.8 0-60 time, but you have to have a good driver behind it with a 5000 rpm launch to get those kind of times. I doubt you are a good driver and I doubt you can launch the car at 5000 rpm.

Don't talk about stock EVO times because you have the Vishnu stage I upgrade. Your car isn't stock. Dumbass, besides that, not every car will dyno or run the same numbers in the 1/4 mile. Here's an idea, grow a brain. :newbie:

Originally posted by mattcalica@Jun 16 2003, 12:14 AM
the sti's came out already...i have seen 3 of them...and i know they were sti's because the only "outstanding" thing on the car was the pink sti badge and they had the new style headlights...i live in hawaii, and we get everything after everybody else, so i know you people up in the mainland MUST have them...

this is tru there is a subaru dealership in columbia missouri that had 3 STI's sitting out front i drove by and saw the headlights and had to do a double take because i didnt think they came out till november also

:whatafucktard: Of COURSE you're going to beat up on Sti's. How much cash have you spent on that thing? As Calesta said, spend the same on an Sti and see what happens.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 5 2003, 01:55 AM
oh, and as for the girl- shes fat.
put her on a tread mill and tell her to loose that roll

my god you think she's FAT? wtf? no wonder you never get laid :lol:

ya, its just huge, she needs to go to jenny craig.... :roll:
EDIT:
i thought it said it was the owners wife... if i had her as a wife i'd be taking pictures of her all over my sti also, doesn't mean she is a model

i said my freind got 4.8 0-60 in his stock evo, and you dont have to launch at 5,000 if you do that the wheels will spin. You have to rev 3,000 then feather the clutch out and give more gas. the evo almost no turbo lag. I've driven rx7's thoose have turbo lag. The sti came with a pretty decent exhaust its not restictive at all, and the turbo ia almost maxed out. On California 91 octane, the STi detonates/pings audibly between 4000 and 4500RPM.  "This is very surprising and somewhat discouraging for a stock car and is the first order of business for our upgrade package.  Our out-of-state affiliates have also noticed similar detonation tendencies on 93 octane. The run-to-run variance on the dyno is very small considering the knock activity.  It’s almost as if the factory engine control computer has lost some of its learning abilities in an effort to make the desired power time and time again.  Trying to find a compromise between margin of safety and repeatability is going to be a challenge." qoute from vishnu there website is www.vishnutuning.com

:worthy: Vishnu

We have no problem with 93 octane on here in Texas... my housemate's been running his without octane booster lately, even though the owner's manual recommends 94. He doesn't get any pinging. Maybe our 93 is just better than yours.

:p

Wait, we're right in the middle of the Texas oil patch- yeah, it's better.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back