1 month and closing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]

yeah my ex was a hottie, crazy, but hot.

I dont believe you. You shuld e-mail the pics to me.

I'd invest the money, if you invest it right you will make lots more money in the long run, if you spend it on a car you'll just burn it up and never get it back.

Look hard enough, you can find a good 02+ S2K (I think that's the glass window) for 18-20k.

Well...My 401K is set at 5.5%....

I started it 3 years ago by dumping $50 a paycheck into it...weekly...and then last year I up'ed the weekly input to about $130....and my company matches 50% up to a certain limit...at the time I put in $50..the company puts in $25...and the limit is capped out at $130

Math wise...my first years intrest accrued about $300 or so...

last year it went up to $500....but this year I should see about $750 of free money going into my account...and iff I keep dumping in $170 a week into it...next year I should start seeing about $1200 a year in free money just on the intrest alone.

So far I'm at $15K+ in that account and with 52 payments of $170 from my pocket going into it...it should be $8900ish a year...and then my company's contributions maxes out at $65 a week....thats another free $3380 a year...and then add on a yearly 5.5% intrest...and :ph34r: but anyways... If I keep up that plan for a few more years...I'll have a sweet nest egg when I'm around 45...and I'm 33 years old now.

Plus...when I claim taxes...I claim no dependants... so I pay more, and then I also have them deduct another $20 ontop of that.... so when I do file.... I file my wife as dependant, and that shoots a return back to me that can afford a trip to Japan, and the extra $20 a week I give them can help me buy parts while I'm over there. :mrgreen:

Now...If I invested any money when I was your age...I'd have no problem buyin a house like I did last year...it was a mess trying to get this damn house. I was stupid and never learned how to use money. Hell...I'm still stupid about it...but at least I got something going now that will help when I get older.

Setting yourself up for the future is way better than getting a hot car now.

Hot cars are sweet...but when something happens to it...what are you going to have after its gone?

Make your money make money!!! Invest in something :wink:

Khan- welcome back! Soon anyway. :) Oh yeah- thanks for being in Iraq, and I hope you were able to play around with some of my PAC-3 or GMLRS missiles. :) :) :)

Post pics of the GF again. It's been a while.

S2000 info:

00-03 = 2.0L engine, 9k redline
04-05 = 2.2L engine, 8k redline, more torque, weirdly spaced gearing but tougher 2-3 synchros, "easier" suspension

00-01 = plastic rear window
02-05 = glass rear window

00 = recalls on seat belt retractors, tail light cracking
03 = revised latches for convertible top ($80 to fix yourself, not a break point item)

Those are the major points that I saw, other than the obvious cosmetic changes for 04-05 like the bumpers, mirrors, tail/headlights, wheels, tires, suspension engine etc. The stuff I listed above with the years is what made my decision.

If you're looking for one at around 18k, you're really only going to be able to find 00-01 models. The 02-03 is slightly over 20k, and the 04-05 typically runs in the mid to high 20s depending on what you get. Start checking your local classified ads or Auto Trader. If you stay away from the Certified Used Hondas (what I bought), then you can save 2-3 thousand bucks. I liked the Certified program though- the extended warranty and extra peace of mind was worth it to me, and I still got the car for what was basically low private seller price.

FYI, my 03 went out the door for $23,799, or about $25,500 driveout. That's Certified Used with only 15 months of driving on 1 previous owner and 28k miles.

For me, I did not want the 04-05 because of the "easier" suspension, the price, and the engine. I wanted the twitchier suspension because I know how to drive it, I liked the gauge cluster better on the 00-03, and I wanted the 9k redline.

thanks for the info and recognition! i wish i could play around with some of those missiles. im a tanker so i get to play around with tank rounds and cancer causing fluids. i do have a pac-4 but its an infared laser/flood light for my m16 (only good with nods).

anyways, 02-03 looks like my year. i plan on buying one for around 23-24000. a nice down payment, some wheels or a hard top and still have quite a chunk of change to sit on.

:worthy: 9k rev limit.

again, thanks for the info man

You're welcome man. That's a good decision on the year too. :thumbsup:

PAC-4 light? Wow.... that's a far cry from the PAC-3 missile. :laugh:

Back