175 Whp On Crx Possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jessevtec

my 1990 si is getting put together right now with a b16a changover this is what i got for building up, hopefully i will be making close to 175 whp tell me what you think: y1 lsd tranny, exedy race clutch kit, skunk2 stage 1 cams, valve springs and retainers, skunk2 cam gears, ctr intake man.,ctr pistons, dc 4-1 jdm header, tanabe racing medallion catback, apexi vafc, my pr3 ecu is chipped to a higher rev limit for tha cams, and m/t slicks. do you guys think i could hit 175 whp with tunning and dyno time? hopefully i could hit mid 13's with the 14 inch slicks and lsd what do you think? ;)

personally i would look into hondata, and the skunk2 intake manifold. Hondata is a more acurate tuning system than a VAFC, and the skunk2 intake manifold is like a mildly ported ITR intake manifold. I think you will see close to those numbers. But the only way to tell is to take it to the dyno, and see.

Careful tuning could get you there, but 175whp from that setup might be a little stretch. Take it to the dyno and let us know!

i bet you could hit a credit card limit or two i know that:)

what kind of valve springs?(just interested)

i had almost that exact setup on my EK that was stolen a few weeks ago :( boy i miss her... but, with the exception of stock bottom end and a mugen head gasket and 64mm TB i hit 171whp. my dyno is in my RIP sig link, 175 is def. possible with that setup. i think the VAFC is good enough for tuning that motor, you can see my A/F graph on my dyno as well.

skunk2 valvesprings and retianers, i already bought this setup piece by piece it took me 3 months to buy all the parts including the changover.

Originally posted by B16@Jun 6 2003, 03:08 PM
i had almost that exact setup on my EK that was stolen a few weeks ago :( boy i miss her... but, with the exception of stock bottom end and a mugen head gasket and 64mm TB i hit 171whp. my dyno is in my RIP sig link, 175 is def. possible with that setup. i think the VAFC is good enough for tuning that motor, you can see my A/F graph on my dyno as well.

stolen????????? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Sorry to hear about that bro. Did you get all that body damage fixed before it got stolen?

it's not that hard to higt high numbers with the B16 but it's hard to hit high tq numbers with it for sure. 175whp isn't a problem with it. you should have it.

MIlan

Originally posted by knowledge+Jun 6 2003, 04:56 PM-->
@Jun 6 2003, 03:08 PM

stolen????????? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Sorry to hear about that bro. Did you get all that body damage fixed before it got stolen?

yep, stolen :( i had posted a thread about it but you weren't around then. yes all body damage was fixed and she was primer black at the time... grrr, fuckers...

Originally posted by B16+Jun 9 2003, 02:28 PM-->
Originally posted by knowledge@Jun 6 2003, 04:56 PM
B16
@Jun 6 2003, 03:08 PM
i had almost that exact setup on my EK that was stolen a few weeks ago :( boy i miss her... but, with the exception of stock bottom end and a mugen head gasket and 64mm TB i hit 171whp.  my dyno is in my RIP sig link, 175 is def. possible with that setup.  i think the VAFC is good enough for tuning that motor, you can see my A/F graph on my dyno as well.

yep, stolen :( i had posted a thread about it but you weren't around then. yes all body damage was fixed and she was primer black at the time... grrr, fuckers...

fuck. i didnt know that either. sorry to hear that :( goddamn thieves!

Back