175hp@5200 205ft/lbs@4000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thepester

How can I match 175HP@5200 and 205ft/lbs@4000? Thats comming from a Grand Am GT with ram air.

Since my Civic is lighter, I figure if I have the same power hes got, ill beat him right?

How can I get that out of a b18b or b18c motor?

I dont ALWAYS need that much power, only when I race, I dont know if turbo works that way or not. Id like to be able to have to power when I race, and still be able to get the good gas mileage... build me up guys! I have 6000 to spend on the motor, i have to buy the engine with that money, and I dont want to pay more then needed. I only whay that much power. How can I do?

If you get some good deals and you do all the work yourself you MIGHT be able to get an ls/t into your car. Here is what I would do if I had $6k:

Motor: $1500 or so
ks motorsports kit: $3200 (comes with hondata)
Tuning: $600 or so
Rotas and Tires: $700 or so if you look around

Run around 10 psi on a t3/t4 and you should be okay with good tuning. There are ls/t with stock internals that run up to 15 psi that are tuned properly and don't blow up. Proper air fuel ratio is KEY so you don't detonate at all, because if you do on stock internals you will throw a rod, blow a piston or ring, etc. That above though @ 10 psi could be good for 225whp 190ish tq. maybe more who knows.

6k, huh? You didn't say if you wanted those numbers all-motor. I'm gonna assume that you do. Typically, from the builds I've done, those are pretty reachable Hp numbers...torque not as easy for an all-motor B series. However, you won't need that much anyway.
Option 1
CrvTec- B20 block with internals, fully built- about $3500- That's professionally built.
B16 head- about $500 Tranny $500 LSD- Varies $500
Port and Polish, valve job- It varies but say between $800 and $1000
Accesories- fuel pressure regulator,ecu...etc...Should be in the 6k vicinity.
This should be an easy 210-220 Whp, 150-160 lbs. Tq.

Option 2 B20 block- $800-$1000
Pistons and Rods $900 Streetdriven cars run good on 10.5:1-11.5:1
B16 Head- about $500
Head prep- $800-$1000
Tranny- $500
ECU, engine accesories $1000
Easy 195-200 Whp 140-150 Tq.
Mind you, both these setups are reliable on the street as well as durable. Built right, you'll get what you want and more. All these prices vary, depending on your area. If you know a few people, you can get hooked for a lot less. You should be able to handle his ass with 200 Whp easy. If you add a 50 shot for aother $500, you can even give him room to toy with his ass. Happy racing, peace

B18C1/T3/T4 Turbo about 250whp @12psi
or if you want to stay N/A pick up a B18C5 , its all you'll need. ;)

heres my brothers friends ls/t hatch the blue is before in tank fuel pump and the red is after. Hes just running LS with stock greddy kit and greddy intercooler

comparison.JPG

Shit thats a nice ass tq curve!!! 200ft/lbs @ 3500 rpm!!!

well if your looking for torque at wheels, you can get taller gears. I think thats how the dc2 type-r does it, because it has a 4.7*** final drive while other cars have 4.4.

um - gearing doesn't effect toruqe in the least.

in fact, go to a dyno - you will get the most accurate number at a 1:1 gear ratio, which is why most dynos are done in 4th gear.

however, since it is closer geared, it SEEMS to have more power, but it doesn't- it simply keeps you in the power band better

Back