1985 Honda Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scorch222

what engine swaps can be done.. i want to get that carbed engine out.. and have a bit more power.. not tryin to break the pocket book here so try to keep it cheaper..

uhh.. i dunno..that car is kinda old, you can pretty much put what ever you want into, but if you wanna keep it cheap.. i dunno. Money and more money is what it takes to get your car the way you want it. I cant really recommend any good swaps... I have a 90' prelude SI and in order for me to get any type of swap with the exception of the the JDM version of the stock motor, i woulda had to buy new custom axles, shift linkage, motor, custom mounts, and a bunch of other shee-it. As far as I know, many prelude chassis are kinda "irregular"... but i dunno about yours.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

You can prolly swap in a b20a... I dunno about 2nd gens, if you had a 3rd gen I'd be able to help you out much more.

Japan had a 2g 2.0SI with the 3g's b20a engine in it so that will fit. I don't know what other mounts you could use since I doubt you could get the JDM ones. I would look at the 3g Lude mounts to see if they would work.

Apperantly you can also use con rods from an Accord LXi (I think thats right) to raise compression a little. Basicly, I would look at the Accord up to '89 for your parts. You can use the '89s bigger brakes for one.

In your case its gonna take a little more time and money because of the fuel system. With a swap to fuel injection, you'll need the fuel tank and all the lines ontop of all the other swap parts.

give it up!!! those preludes are not worth that much effort! any car you cant even buy an intake for is not worth it! sell it for 500.

Originally posted by Azn@Jul 21 2003, 02:44 PM
give it up!!! those preludes are not worth that much effort! any car you cant even buy an intake for is not worth it! sell it for 500.

I'm so tired of this frame of thinking where if every mod for a car can't be bought out of a gd magazine, that the car isn't worth the effort. Why don't we just tell everybody "quick, BUY A CIVIC!!" Some ppl have a little more creativity and ingenuity than others I guess.

I'm not sure if the B20 would fit in the 2nd gen or not, either. It would be your best bet to look into that first. Would be the cheapest, and most practical. Let us know if you find anything out. 3rd gen sits around 135 or 140 hp. That and you get your ever-so-desired fuel injection. :D

The 2g did come with a 2.0. If you don't believe me, email me in 5 days. I'll send you the link from Honda Japan.

Is scorch222even still checkin this???

Any idea if that would be a direct swap then, racer? I'd imagine so, but who knows for sure? Hehe. SILLY Preludes!

Hey Whats up, I just recently got my hands on a 87 lude and I am in the middle of doing the JDM B20a5 swap my self, I know for a fact the Engine has 160 on the Horse's but not shure on torque yet. Waitting for engine to arrive but once done I will let you guys know if the swap is easy or exspensive.

Back