1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1987 crx transmission swap help please

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by wlee598, Apr 15, 2008.

1. wlee598

wlee598 Carb'd honda's rule

I'm converting my crx to a manual. It's the base model crx from 87 with a d15a2. I'm wondering if an HF manual transmission will fit to my engine since they both have a d15a2, and any other advice would be super great.

I know i'll need the linkage, pedals, and shifter. What else will I need? I've already got the transmission.

Thanks

P.S. does anyone know a good place I can get an oem used or new flywheel?

2. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

The transaxle will fit, but a mounting bracket may be required. As for the rest, you will need the pedal, cable/rod, all fittings, shift linkage, all hardware and fresh gear oil.

3. 1994rm250

1994rm250 New Member

the best trany to get is a d16a1 or a ZC (jdm d16a1) its the best gear for a d-serious........ the tranny model is a CG from 86-88 integra

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

won't bolt up to the D15A2 engine - not even close

5. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

I got a flywheel or two kicking around....if you can make it up to my swap meet in CT on May 17th, I'll just give them to you...and I might have a crap load of other parts you might want or need.

6. wlee598

I went to a junk yard and was pulling parts from a similar 1st gen crx, but it had an ew1 engine. I got the pedals, clutch cable, and the shifter assembly, but it looked like the actual shift rod was in a different place on that transmission. Any ideas if it's different?

7. wlee598

Hey Airjockie I'm super interested in your flywheel offer because I need one bad and don't feel like dropping a tranny at a junkyard and trying to fish out one. is it a flywheel for a d15a2?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted