1990 crx si seatbelt light?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

infamouz

since i'm a cheap ass person, i installed some after makets seats on my own time. Everything seems to be connected right, both driver and passenger seats, but next ting you know my damn seatbelt light in my gauge cluster turns on, so im like wtf????? does any one know how to just turn that sensore shit off, because when i drive home from college night classes, that shit bothers me so much. Its like a boner that just shows up for now reason.
Any one know what sensore to take out? will i have to take out the gauge cluster and remove it? its that damn blinking light. I tried mostly buckling the seatbelts to see of it would change but im buckled in , and that shit still come on. Any help or advice would be great from the gods of hs. -1nfamouz-

There's a sensor in your seat belt buckle, like when u strap in, it goes off, there are 2 wires going to it, only drivers side, check to see if those are connected, and didnt get cut somehow.

Quoted post[/post]]
There's a sensor in your seat belt buckle, like when u strap in, it goes off, there are 2 wires going to it, only drivers side, check to see if those are connected, and didnt get cut somehow.
any more advice people?
thanks v, preciate it, i'll check it out when im done blowing my girl, but is there a way to just yank the fuker out so its not there anymore.

Did you remember to re-connect the wiring when you swapped the seats?

are you using teh factory seat belt? Did you plug the harness back together under teh seat? If you really get fed up, just pull teh cluster cover off and take teh little light bulb out of the seatbelt spot. dont forget to to put it back in place when you are ready to sell the thing.

mine beeps once every blue moon. Every crx I've had has always stopped beeping on me for some reason.

from what i remember if u just unplug the seatbelt buckles the lights will never come on... it's been a whiel since i've owned a 90-91 i prefer the rusty ones(88-89)

Quoted post[/post]]
or be ghetto and blow the bulb in it purposley sum how and Walah Problem solved Hehe:)

I'm pretty sure the "sensors" in the 91 crx are not located in the buckles, but in the seats themselves. They are "pressure switches". You should find one connector on each side (the one you had to unplug to get the stock seats out). If you want to be ghetto about it, cut off the connectors, strip the wires back and twist them together. If you want to do it clean, you'll have to make a jumper wire or connector to connect the two. That'll take care of the seatbelt light and beeping.

:wink:

good advice bro. im looking to do that on the weekend. having a job and school sucks, but money make the world go round.

Back