1992 Integra LS/VTEC Swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cparker

I bought this car for 400 bucks from some dumb teenager that drove it like crap. As you can see there is no body panel on the car that does not have a dent or piece of rust on it. I have started most of the body work but I am waiting for my new fenders and new hood to come in. I am also going to be going with a carbon fiber hatch.
Also for some ungodly reason this guy thought it would be a great idea to run to walmart pick up 10 cans of 99 cent cans of flat black spray paint, and proceed to rattle can the whole car black. It took me over 30 mins to clear a sqft of metal cause there was Bondo laid 2 inches thick all over the car. After I had cleared all the shit out I got out the tack puller and did it the right way .
When I got it the right rear side of the car was concaved in. Like he slid into a pole or something. The interior in this car was also a joke. There were cracks and holes missing all over the place. So I mixed together some fiber glass and fiber glassed the dash.
The other thing the car is missing is a exhaust. It is open cat right now because this kid thought it sounded better without an exhaust.

As you can tell this guy was a piece of work.

Really the only thing he did right was put sleeved coil overs in and ah, ah, ah, ah, well thats pretty much it.

That basically brings us to present day. For the last couple of days I have been pondering what engine to go with in the car. Whether a GSR, Type R, LS VTEC.
I have talked to some people and for the goals I have set for myself a LS/VTEC will do just that. My goal for this project is 400-450 hp. As long as the block is built right and the head is rebuilt with the right kit. I was told it can handle it.

The block will be in tomarrow and the pistons will be right behind it along with the crank shaft and the new oil pan.

I will be adding new pictures as the build goes along and will be constintly looking for advice from all you guys.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 926
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 3,080
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg