1993 Accord Stereo Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dominator

I am installing a JVC CD player into a '93 Accord with an anti theft system. I plugged everything in and the CD player powers up and plays CD's and everything seems to work fine... but there is no sound going to any of the speakers. Is this something to do with the anti theft system? Do I have to enter the code on the new CD player? Because the new players presets only go to 6 and there is an 8 in the code. Any help is greatly appreciated.

how did you hook it up, did you buy the adapter harness that goes to the factory harness or did you chop off the factory harness.the anti theft has nothin to do with the stereo when you put in an aftertmarket unit so that is no your problem

I bought the adapter harness. So, if the Anti theft system isnt the problem, I should be able to figure it out then. If anyone knows why there would be no sound going to the speakers, I could always use some advice though. Thanks for the help neonmike.

its a possibility the is a stock amp hook up the amp turn on from the deck to the power ant wire on the adapter harness. if that doesn't work it could be that a speaker is shorted out or blown, aftermarket radios have a feature that turns there internal amp off if a short is detected in the speaker outputs to prevent it from blowing up the radio. to check for this one speaker at a time cut the wires that you connected together behind the radio. the radio will turn on after the shorted wire is disconnected.

Back