1993 civic wiring 1991 b18a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpmac

Which engine wiring harness do I use on this swap. The one from the old civic engine or the one from the integra?

Come on guys, I hate to clean up the integra wiring if I am going to have to go find a civic engine harness. I thought for sure with all the knowledge here someone would reply.
Thanks for any reply.
Mac

Thanks, but it is posted on the hybrid site also. I thought there could be someone in the members lounge that would know.

Ok, no luck here today. If you ever have a question about a small block or big block chevy feel free to ask. This is my first honda project.

you're in for a good wiring nightmare.

a) in most states, it is illegal to put an older motor in a new chassis. check your local laws.
b) the motor is obd 0, the car is obd1. you will either need to conver the car to obd0 (illegal) or convert the motor to obd 1 (expensive).
c) the mounts are wrong, and so is the tranny.

You're honestly best off just getting a b18b1 from a 94-95. It will pretty much just bolt right in and wire right up, as you're going to need to source 90% of your parts from this motor anyway to make the mounts/obd/etc all work in your chassis.

Integra engine is OB1 it is a 1993 my typo. Dizzy is TD55U. So both the civic and the integra engine are the same year. If you check the my ride on my profile you will see that it is a built block. It will be turbo but wanted to run it in first before I BOOST it. J.G. Engine Dynamics did the solid top block (Javier Gutierrez) will take up to 40lbs. So I will go with the easiest wiring nightmare. What ever that turns out to be.

If the engine came from a 93 LS its OBD1 but the connections could be different at the strut tower plugs. Use the civic engine harness. If you got the LS ecu it will plug and play. Meaning just put it in and youll be fine. Use the LS distributor if you have it, if not the sohc one will work but only the top post bolt will line up. The injectors will not matter, they are both 240cc and saturated high impedence injectors. Good luck with the build.

Back