1993 honda accord plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Project_D

hi i just bought a 1993 honda accord for 100$ of a buddie at mah co-op placement and it has no rust i checked the whole car under and all over but it also has no motor ....he says all the cabels and wires and everytin else is there so i belive him...but how much am i look at here if i want to swap ina f22 motor?? iam frum canada so if any prices are listed plz in canadian $$ .....the car is in good shape and iam goin to have it towed to mah house where it will sit the garage till i save enough money for the motor...the accord is automatic and i want a manual transmition so what will i have to do to put a manual transmition in there ...wut will i have to change and how much will i have to spend....thank yuo for all your help

Dario

jesus your typing skills suck, but you are a canadian so....
lol
iam frum canada so if any prices are listed plz in canadian $$

you can use a rate exchanger just the same as us, so do it yourself...

but how much am i look at here if i want to swap ina f22 motor??

an f22 isn't really a swap...

do you want performance? or you just wanna get the car running?

cheapest place for an f22 would be any junkyard thats local, expect to pay between 100 and 500 USD for the motor,

as far as the auto to manual, no offense but you sound like a real fool so this might be way over your head...
you will need EVERYTHING from a manual car, brake and clutch pedal assemblies, hydraulic lines, shifter, shifter cables, diffrent ecu, you need to ex out the auto ecu and trip the switch that only lets the car start in "PARK"
i think the passenger side frame rail mount is diffrent for a manual, front mount may also be diffrent, not sure about the rear mount... and of course a manual trans

you really need a whole front clip, or you need to know your shit if you ever hope for this to work...

wow that really sucks...the car is in good shape and i only paid 100$ for it but dont want to drive a aumtomatic accord and iam looking for soem performance but i dont want to swpa a h22 to much money instead i was thinking of dsm boosting a f22 motor.....so in your opinion is it worth the trouble?

The slush box isn't that bad. I've H22'd my auto, and even added the H22 LSD auto tranny. There is no reason why you can't add that tranny to a F22 and boost it. The longer gearing is better for boost, and the H22 LSD tranny shifts pretty firmly.

yes, they are exactly the same on the outside, except for the little red LSD on mine. I also looked through the axle holes to make sure that it was in fact LSD. The LSD tranny should allow you to look from one side to the other with NO obstructions.

i don't mean to thread jack, but my dad has a 92 accord at home thats not running, and my uncle told him about some place in houston that sells jdm motors. the guy at the place quoted him 750 for a long block from japan. i asked my dad what letters and numbers he was given for the engine code, and he said he wasn't given an engine code, just told that it was an accord engine from japan. does anyone here know for sure what engines were early 90's jdm accords? i've been searching, and haven't found anything useful yet. thanks for any useful inputs, and sorry for the thread-jack :p

Back